Refrigerator not working on AC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IslandGuy

Noticed the milk was warm when I took it out of the refrigerator...hmmmm....Freezer is nice and cold...I switched it over to propane and after several hours the refrigerator section was nice and cold...38 degrees...I took a look at the back of the unit and saw some water sitting on the power/module...the defrost drain line sprung a leak and looks like it was dumping water right on the module...so hoping it is just a fuse but I do have a spare module. Hoping it is something simple but with these rigs it usually never is!! I'll take a look at it next week as we should be back home by Sunday/Monday...
Will let you know what I find!

edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

Have been doing a lot of testing on the fridge since we returned this week...I checked the AC heating elements and they were good. Tested the thermistor and it was OK. I had a spare ckt board and installed it and no change....even on propane the fridge was still not cooling...was about 52 degrees. I spoke to Rick the owner of trailerrefrigeration.com here in Tucson and he suggested just turning it off for a few days and fire it back up. So I did that and low and behold this AM the refrigerator was at 37 degrees!!
More than likely the defroster in the freezer is getting a bit weak and not defrosting enough which blocked the airflow onto the refrigerator fins.
Glad that I do not have to go out and get a new refrigerator!!

IslandGuy said:
...Glad that I do not have to go out and get a new refrigerator!!
I highly recommend you plan on replacing the gas fridge (while it's not a crisis) with a residential model. It makes little sense spending $1k to replace/repair a gas fridge when you can buy a good residential model in the $700-800 range.

Glad you dodged the bullet and thanks for checking in.

John Canfield said:
I highly recommend you plan on replacing the gas fridge (while it's not a crisis) with a residential model. It makes little sense spending $1k to replace/repair a gas fridge when you can buy a good residential model in the $700-800 range.

Glad you dodged the bullet and thanks for checking in.

For sure...once/if the fridge goes out a residential will go back in its place :)

IslandGuy said:
For sure...once/if the fridge goes out a residential will go back in its place :)

I replaced mine last year even with my absorption fridge was working good. I ended up by selling it for $500.00 and the new fridge was $600.00.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom