Sooner or Later I'll need a Mechanic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bradvoorhees

I live in Lakewood Wa, if anyone can provide a company or independent mechanic that provides RV service nearby ( within 25 miles) I would be grateful.
The only one I know of right now is camping world.
Thanks

An" RV mechanic " comes in many forms,,if a Ford you have Ford mechanics,, Chevy would be Chevrolet Dodge would be Dodge...An "RV Mechanic" would only come into play if you needed work done within the "house" part of the RV..Example: My American Coach goes to a local heavy truck repair for diesel, trans, or chassis work (that that I can't do) If I need fridge, heater, plumbing, or electrical work I might see an RV repair shop (But not camping world).>>>Dan.. Disclaimer: almost ALL work done on my coach is by me.>>>Dan

As Utah says, you need at least two kinds of "mechanic", one for the RV house components and appliances, and one for the diesel pusher chassis that carries it around.  The Beaver probably has a Roadmaster motorhome chassis, a fairly unique design, but the engine, transmission, etc. will be standard medium duty truck components.  So, you want to find an RV Mechanic and a Truck Mechanic. Rarely will one individual or shop have the skills and equipment to be both.

Yeah I kind of figured as much , should have stated this would be for the drive train.

Our boat had twin  370 hp  diesel Volvos, I took care of the basics , oil and filter changes and light fixes such as thermostat replacements, cleaning our heat exchangers and impellers. But with the boat came a engine room which allowed me to move around the motors.

I have not owned our coach long enough to really digest how I will go about routine maintenance, I may just farm it out.
But that could change with sticker shock...lol. 

Many heavy truck shops will work on motorhomes, but some dislike the risk of getting oil or grease on your expensive rig and may refuse to do some or any repairs.

If there is a Cummins Coach Care facility in your area, they specialize in motorhome services.
https://cumminsengines.com/coach-care-motorhome-service-centers

Some Cat service centers as well.  Freightliner shops tend to avoid working on the Roadmaster chassis except for emergencies, and I suspect that Spartan service centers are much the same.  However, most areas have independent truck service shops, so hunt around.

It's not rreal close, but you could probably get great service at http://www.oregonmotorcoachcenter.com/

Yeah that Oregon service center looks great but too far for service. Still it may make a great resource some day for replacement parts if needed.
Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom