How to replace mirror?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeandJane

My drivers side mirror glass got chipped, and then cracked.  I ordered the replacement glass today and wondering how easy/hard it will be to replace?  I'm imagining it might just snap onto a ball socket?

Many mirrors are more complex than that,, some are articulated,, heated, and with turn signals included.. So it will depend on what you now have to work with,, in the future be aware that you can buy an "overlay" piece that glues to/over the origanal for little money.>>>Dan

If it's a Velvac mirror you can find replacement instructions on their web site.  https://www.velvac.com/

Depends on the mirror, and how much you bought.. Velmac mirrors the movable assembly (power mirrors) is a two part, One part moves it the othe snaps in, it's all snap together.. To replae the glass only there is a piece at the bottom. You can "pinch" two latches (one at a time) behind the glass using right angle mini-needle nose or by removing, slide that piece down, then there is a bit of adhassive (Very mild) in one corner, and out the old comes and the new goes in.> Very easy. 

John you were right on.  It was much easier than I thought.  I used a wood chisel under the plastic bezel to un-snap it and the mirror was in my hands.

Back
Top Bottom