Slide out valve release nuts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

casualemt

Talk is cheap! In my description of removing the ram from the rear slide out, I espouse opening the valve release nuts for the bedroom rams, well I hadn't actually done it yet...but now that I am doing it, it is kind of a pain...I am using the quarter inch socket on the breather, but the nuts seem VERY reluctant to turn, I'm afraid to put much torque on it. These are the same nuts you turn to allow you to manually retract the slide out..Anybody done it before? Does it take a bit of torque to get it lose?

I rounded out the socket on the dip stick/breather when I tried to use it to open the valve.  I ended up using an end wrench.  So yes, it can take more torque than you would expect, especially if the valve has never been opened before.

THanks Paul & Ann, it seemed weird to me that they would provide a tool that isn't effective.. I'm encouraged by your experience, and will go back at it with a 1/4" wrench.
Here's the HWH drawing John. On the Journey the valves are located under the front of the coach below the passengers seat.

BTW, HWH parts finally called me back, said they were slammed, time of the year and all. The parts gal was very nice, said they had the ram in stock, $167, they would ship right away ??

Attachments

• IMG_0229.PNG
    IMG_0229.PNG
    300 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom