2005 FLEETWOOD PEGASUS 29RLS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GReeves

Good evening all. I have just been given a 2005 FLEETWOOD PEGASUS 29RLS and no nothing about these trailers. I have tried looking on the net but still cannot find much about them. I have tried a search on here but still could nor find anything appart from some one having a crack in one so with that being said can I ask some question:

I have a 2006 Land Rover LR3 which has a towing capacity of 7,700ilbs and tongue weight of 550lbs will the land rover be able to tow it?

What are the known issues with these trailers? Mine seems in very good shape

What do these tow like?

Never towed anything this big before what do they tow like?

Thank you for all your help and assistance

You need to get the GVWR of the trailer, which will be on a rating plate somewhere on the left front side, and maybe on a placard inside, e.g. on a cupboard wall.  Your Land Rover can probably handle a trailer with a GVWR about 10% less than its 7700 lb rating, i.e. maybe 7000 lbs. That allows a bit of weight for some options on the LR, the weight of the hitch, and passengers. If you have more than two people in the LR, probably the trailer needs to be even less weight.  Even then, I would expect it to perform only marginally well - that's a lot of trailer for an SUV.  Or even a half ton pick-ups.

The hitch (tongue) weight will also be a constraint. A TT places at least 10% of its loaded weight on the hitch, so a 7000 lb trailer means 700 lbs on  the hitch. More than your LR can carry.

Bottom line is the the Land Rover is probably not up to the job.

I don't know of any source for info on those Fleetwood trailers, except a summary in the NADA RV Guide. (see http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2005/Pegasus). Nobody picked up that product line when Fleetwood filed for bankruptcy and the info was essentially lost. However, I found a 2005 PEgasus brochure online at https://library.rvusa.com/brochure/Fleetwood2005_pg_b.pdf

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom