Class A Full Wrap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Almightycrash

I suppose this is somewhat of a remodel, definitely a face lift.
Today I finally finished the design for the vinyl wrap for my home. As soon as they print and laminate it, I can install it. It will be a challenge, but I?m excited about it.

Attachments

• IMG_4620.JPG
    IMG_4620.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 218
I Worked out a trade for for this by doing some installations and design work for the vinyl company.
I can ask and find out what it would usually cost to wrap an RV like this.

Almightycrash said:
I Worked out a trade for for this by doing some installations and design work for the vinyl company.
I can ask and find out what it would usually cost to wrap an RV like this.

Where (city and State) is this being made?

I assume that if any graphics are on the coach they would have to be removed first?

Stretching over the coach will not be easy and then cutting around all the doors and windows and basement doors etc will be tricky?

How many people will it take to do this job?

If you do it yourself, please take pictures as you progress along with the project as I think a number of us are curious about this.

I live in Flint, TX.
Yes, I?m in the process of removing previous vinyl graphics.  It?s the most annoying part of the process.

There will be no real stretching involved with the install, as most everything is flat.
Cutting out the windows is easy.
I will doing the install by myself, but it?s definitely not something I?d recommend for a beginner.

Here's a thread about another member that had his coach wrapped:

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,83302.0.html

Almightycrash said:
I live in Flint, TX.
Yes, I?m in the process of removing previous vinyl graphics.  It?s the most annoying part of the process.

There will be no real stretching involved with the install, as most everything is flat.
Cutting out the windows is easy.
I will doing the install by myself, but it?s definitely not something I?d recommend for a beginner.

My son-in-law had a wrap business in Boise and has done some amazing projects.  He just sold his business when they moved to American Samoa this year.  I sent him your photos. He was very impressed with your graphics.  Nice job and well done!

kdbgoat said:
Here's a thread about another member that had his coach wrapped:

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,83302.0.html

I've thought several times about this over the years, wondering how it worked out long term....

Dougie's still active here. Maybe he will see this thread, and go back to his old thread and give us an update.

JoelP said:
My son-in-law had a wrap business in Boise and has done some amazing projects.  He just sold his business when they moved to American Samoa this year.  I sent him your photos. He was very impressed with your graphics.  Nice job and well done!

Thank you!
It?s definitely the largest project I?ve done.
I think I spent almost as much time with a tape measure as I did on the computer.

blw2 said:
I've thought several times about this over the years, wondering how it worked out long term....

Most of the graphics on all of our RVs are the same vinyl application procedure, just in smaller pieces instead of full coverage. It?s very durable as far as not peeling, but now there?s also a laminating process that keeps it from fading over time like most older RVs you see.

Incidentally, mine already has a previous full wrap, but it was done in layers instead of a single printed design.

Attachments

• IMG_0089.JPG
    IMG_0089.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 90
The people who did the existing wrap did the black as one layer over the factory graphics without removing them, then added the other graphics on top.

Attachments

• IMG_0090.JPG
    IMG_0090.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 76
Back
Top Bottom