Routing wires near readout panel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoelP

How difficult is it to chase a wire to the location where all of the other controls and thermostat are located in a Winnebago or Itasca?  I am thinking of mounting my display for my Progressive Industry surge protector in this location, but I don't want to do major surgery.  It seems that it must be possible to drill a hole and drop a chain into this section or perhaps a wire snake, but I wonder if there is already a conduit in there for chasing wires to the underside of the rig.  Maybe if I take off the CO detector I can see whether there is any opening near the floor.

I can't talk about your particular chassis but for mine, getting from the electrical bay to the OnePlace was a PITA. Sometimes you need to pull drawers, remove false bottoms of cabinets, run under a shower, etc, etc. I have two runs of cable where I had to use about two feet of surface wiring 'conduit' (not really conduit, meant to be exposed and look halfway decent) because there was no practical way of hiding the wiring.

John Canfield said:
...Sometimes you need to pull drawers, remove false bottoms of cabinets, run under a shower, etc, etc. ...

There is a vanity that is located against the backside of the OnePlace.  I hadn't thought about removing the false bottom of this cabinet to access the bottom of this wall, but that is a terrific idea. Thanks for that suggestion.

Joel

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinbad
Back
Top Bottom