Slide out "Jerking, jumping when pulled in or out ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mskeyspirate

Well this is my last post about this miserable Keystone Passport prior to listing it for sale. First let me say that I have a 2015 Passport 2400 Ultra Light. Loved it, then time went on. My wife and i are it's only occupants, except for a small grandchild every once and awhile. The latest disappointment  is a jerking, jumping slide. It jumps and jerks when going out or being pulled in. Recently spent 9 days in the shop for repair. We were thrilled when the service dept called and said that all was well. Picked it up, tested it prior to leaving.....just to find out that nothing had been resolved. Does anyone, anyone have a suggestion ? I'm open to all ideas, including the best spot to list this thing for sale. 

I had a bedroom slide that would go in and out herky jerky. It was because a tooth had broken off the drive gear of the slide motor shaft.
Replaced the gear and haven't had a problem since then.

Thanks Arch....appreciate that. I would have thought that the techs that did, or tried to do the repair would have checked that, but with campers, and untrained techs you never know. I'll check it out.

Back
Top Bottom