Slide Leaking Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jbrodeur

First off, this is my first travel trailer and this is all new to me. I am sorry if this question has been discussed.

I just bought a 2007 Summerland TT and the slide is leaking. It comes in over the dining table area and leaks onto the bench cushion from the gap between the inside trim and the slide ceiling. The TT was level and the wiper seal was flat against the slide roof (I also cleaned out the debris that was wedged in there). Using a mirror I was able to see a piece of metal trim that is screwed all the way across the slide roof and then down the sides of the slide. This appears to press up against the inner slide seal. It appears that the metal is not sealed where it meets the roof. Someone went nuts on the sides with silicone, but did not touch the top where it meets the rubber roof. I don't see how water is going under the wiper seal and then underneath the metal, but I can't find anywhere else that it could be coming in. It does not appear to leak when the slide is closed. Has anyone seen this setup before? Should I remove the metal, clean it up, and reseal it? What would I seal this with? Thank you for the help.

Back
Top Bottom