Moccasin Creek SP fishing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garmp

Disabled senior vet that wants to fish for trout at Moccasin Creek State Park and looking for information. Like license cost for non residents, lures/bait allowed, limits, fishing times etc. Their web site is confusing to me and non-specific at best. AND is it worth while? Love to have fresh trout for dinner, but don't want to drag my gear along for a one day fishing experience.

The website certainly is confusing and some recent 7/1 regulation updates don't make it better.  But as I read it . . . well, probably call the park for specifics.  Not sure about the status of an out-of-state senior. 

But right now, the best answer is probably "don't bother."  The special reg section is warm and probably won't hold trout until late-September.

Thanks fishingbob for the info. We'll be there about, hopefully, mid September. And I did call the SP and asked all my questions and talked to a very helpful lady who pretty much told me all I wanted to know, but wouldn't quite give up her trout fishing secrets. Thanks again for the input.

I assume you've already figured out whether your visit would be able to happen, and you may be dealing with Irma affects yourself.  I don't see Moccasin Creek SP on the "closed" list, but definitely make a call to the park, and if you're going to visit, see if you can get highway info; state roads should be getting cleared up first, but it may be a long list.  USFS roads should definitely not be counted on right now. 

And in case you missed it, I sent you a PM a little while ago, and that info should work next year as well.  Enjoy your visit whenever you manage to make it.

Got your pm and thanks. We made Moccasin Creek and the fishing was nothing like I expected, so we didn't even try. Weather at Moccasin Creek was great and we then went to Tallulah Gorge SP for the weekend. Irma did change our plans for North Carolina & Virginia as on Saturday all forecast were nothing but doom and gloom for that area. After all was said and none we ended up at Hot Springs, AR.
Did have a good time.
thanks

Back
Top Bottom