Refrigerator not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pitboss

I posted about my refrigerator only working on LP and not electric. I received very good replies from this community. Thank you all. It all started with a power surge.  From y'alls advice, I have replaced the control board and the heater. We're getting closer to fixing this thing.  Now, the freezer is very cold but the refrigerator is still not working. I have read about possible blockage in the lines and other mechanical issues it could be. This problem started with an electrical issue so I don't feel it's a mechanical problem. Any hep is welcome. Thanks again

There is essentially nothing electrical that can cause uneven cooling like that. The cooling unit is two stage, with primary cooling going to the freezer and the second stage cooling the fridge. If it has been running 12+ hours and the fridge area remains warm, its almost surely the cooling unit.  Loss of the hydrogen gas in the coolant will essentially stops the second stage cooling action that chills the fridge area.  That means a pressure leak in the cooling unit.

If it works at all, it should cool both, though perhaps not as much as desired. If both parts cool but not adequately, then it may be possible to improve cooling with better air flow over the cooling unit.

"Blockage in the lines" is a result of deterioration of the anti-corrosion chemicals in the ammonia coolant and is not repairable. sometimes it can be temporarily loosened, but it will happen again.

Back
Top Bottom