How do I get new door slider in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeandJane

I bought a new slider for my screen door to replace the broken one. It appears that the slider was installed as the door was assembled. Has anybody figured out a way to get this and without taking the door apart?

Attachments

• IMG_0999.JPG
    IMG_0999.JPG
    214.4 KB · Views: 54
The plastic slider is flexible. Jua put in one groove, bend a little bit and pop the other side in.

If your door is like mine, you insert the pane in the top slide and it will go in far enough that it can be lined up with the bottom groove and allowed to rest in the bottom groove. No sweat, no pain.  :)

I't's not flexible enough to do that.  I think I'll have to grind off some of the tab along the bottom.

On mine, there is a filler piece which is pliable enough to pull out which gives enough room to remove the old piece and install the new.  Then slide the filler piece back into place.  Mine was in the bottom space but imagine it could be above the glass.

Jim Johnson said:
On mine, there is a filler piece which is pliable enough to pull out which gives enough room to remove the old piece and install the new.  Then slide the filler piece back into place.  Mine was in the bottom space but imagine it could be above the glass.

No glass on my screen door.

JoeandJane said:
I't's not flexible enough to do that.  I think I'll have to grind off some of the tab along the bottom.
that's what I had to do with the replacement on my door. shaved off about 1/32" along the bottom and sanded it smooth.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinbad
Back
Top Bottom