Front and rear of trailer bubbling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paramedic586

Hey everyone. I bought a 2008 Copper Canyon Keystone this winter. I store at my mother in laws house in a warmer climate then from where it was originally stored. I noticed that the front and rear of the trailer is starting "bubble". Its at the top of the trailer. Is this normal or is there something I can do to prevent that from happening. This is my first trailer so maintenance and repair is something that I'm a beginner with.

The bubbles you are seeing are most likely due to a water leak.  The leaking water causes separation of the laminated layers comprising the  roof or wall exterior skin.

Leaks can be hard to find, because the leak may not be where you see the bubbles.  I've certainly had my share of leaks.  Start be inspecting the cauliking at the seams of the leading and trailing edges of the roof, as well as any penetrations of the roof or wall near where you seeing the bubbles.  If the bubbles are on the walls, check everything from the bubble up to the roof.

The trailer probably has a front and rear "cap", which is a fiberglass shell. Are the "bubbles" in the surface of that? That's a defect in the paint or the fiberglass itself.  If not, and its in the laminated sidewall or roof area, it's more like what berky described.

Photos would be a big help.

My MH has a radius transition form the rear wall to the roof.  Basically the wall skin, without the backer plywood, is wrapped over to the roof to give a radius corner.  When the shop replaced my back wall, they weren't able to gt this rolled over as smooth like they did at the factory, because of the compound curve roof curving one way, against the curve over to the horizontal in the other....
could be something like that too....  purely just a cosmetic fit thing.  Hopefully that's all it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom