Yamaha digital drum kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Yesterday I visited the nearest Guitar Center and bought the Yamaha DD65 portable digital drum kit. Like a number of Yamaha "portable" products, the AC adapter was an additional $30. The intent was to add the drum kit to the tricked-out basement at our part-time townhouse in OH, set up for grandkids.

Easy/quick setup of the kit, plugged in my headphones, and a big disappointment! They couldn't be heard without the volume turned right up, and then only with some selected 'drum kits'. Not what I expect from Yamaha (I have 3 of their keyboards and a couple of their guitars). Returned it for a refund today.

Reviews on this product are generally very good. Anyone else own or have experience with one of these kits?

LOL Rene. I wish I could play drums, although I can't resist sitting down at semi-high-end Roland drum sets whenever I visit a Guitar Center. In my youth, I really wanted to play drums, but family finances meant I had to settle for pots and pans. Whenever friends in bands played locally, I'd find a way to get backstage and convince the drummer to let me "play" his drums before the band went on stage.

Coincidentally, I have a client who manufactures individual drums and kits for the pro drummer market. Haven't thought of asking him if I could play some of his products. OTOH I might be too scared of damaging something.

This is the one I have been drooling over:

https://www.amazon.com/Carlsbro-CSD130XXX-Electronic-Drum-Set/dp/B00M3YZQNW/ref=sr_1_9?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1500848060&sr=1-9&keywords=electronic+drum+set

Unfortunately I really don't have enough room here to set it up. Maybe I should disassemble the rock band drum set I have set up and rarely use. I can't use the rock band set as a normal set because there is a delay in the signal. Can't keep a steady beat with a 1/4 second delay. There is no delay when it is run through the Rock Band software.

Or you could run the set you have through something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IOSJ68C/ref=twister_B01BZTGNDC?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

[quote author=SeilerBird]This is the one I have been drooling over .... Unfortunately I really don't have enough room here to set it up.[/quote]

Space is not an issue here, but $$$ price is. I'd like to buy the Roland TD50KV set for my personal use, but not for grandkids. I'd probably have the TD50KV set at our CA home, since we have more room and fewer/no HOA issues there.

[quote author=SeilerBird]Or you could run the set you have through something like this: [/quote]

Thanks, but I no longer have it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom