Kwikee vs Lippert Power Step Motor Table

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jves

The Kwikee and Lippert motor table look exactly alike on an online parts supplier photo.
The Kwikee cost $238.00, Lippert cost $435.00. Is there a quality difference or just a price difference?
Many thanks for any insite the my question.

I thought you were just talking about the motor, not the motor table. I don't even know what a motor table is on a set of steps.

jves said:
The Kwikee and Lippert motor table look exactly alike on an online parts supplier photo. The Kwikee cost $238.00, Lippert cost $435.00. Is there a quality difference or just a price difference? Many thanks for any insite the my question.
Is this on a Winnebago product?

Yes, the power step is on a  2015 Winnebago Adventurer

Lippert acquired Kwikee about a year ago and has been integrating their step product line with Kwikee, so common parts are not surprising.  But yours is probably an older model, pre-acquisition?

Are the prices you are comparing from the same source?  Pricing differences are common if, for example, one comes from Amazon and the other direct from Lippert. I see Lippert series 42 motor tables on Amazon for $122.

Different model steps have different motor tables (the plate the motor bolts to). Differences may be tiny, e.g. bolt hole pattern or tiny changes of dimensions.

jves said:
The Kwikee and Lippert motor table look exactly alike on an online parts supplier photo.
The Kwikee cost $238.00, Lippert cost $435.00. Is there a quality difference or just a price difference?
Many thanks for any insite the my question.

jves
What is a "motor table"?

Gary RV_Wizard said:
It's the flat mounting bracket for the step motor.
https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-Components-372749-Motor-Table/dp/B01F92UZ4Y

Thanks Gary
I had never heard the term.

BTW now that I know what a motor table is... I wonder why the OP asked that question?

The prices he quoted suggests he is looking at motor + table (the table alone is much less). Differences between step brands and model/series within them are often subtle. Or non-existent. No step manufacturer makes his own motor and gearing - they buy generic units. Typically they are the same motor that powers a car power windows. It's quite possible that any two steps use the same or compatible parts.

It's also likely that the part can be bought direct from a distributor or other source that is not in the RV step business. Often at a much lower retail price.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom