Norcold Fridge quit working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DItR

I have a Norcold fridge 878eg2 in a '87 MH.  Was functioning properly on A/C but not LP but fixed that yesterday by cleaning orifice/burner unit with alcohol and put a A/C fan on top, below fridge top cover.  So, ran fridge on LP, was properly freezing, cooled from 87 to 30 degrees in just a couple hrs empty.  Was quite pleased.    :)

I got busy with other things,  hubby was troubleshooting generator issues and needed change fridge from LP to A/C for about 20 minutes while checking Gen loads.  After he was finished,  I went to turn fridge back on LP and NOTHING!. No igniter on LP, no red malfunction light when it didnt light, no sound.  Switched to A/C,,, again NOTHING!  Checked A/C lines to heater probe going into chimney,,, NOTHING!  Batteries are charged, A/C on side-wall is plugged in and live.  Checked battery connections on back wall of fridge and have power.  What am I missing? 

Badly want this fridge working again before I leave friday for the 4-H fairgrounds with our sons' pigs, to spend a week with 3 boys in 90's heat.  :'(
TIA for any guidance.  We dont have anyone around that will take this old of a rig in for service, let alone try to help us diagnose. Basically, we're on our own with it except for forum helpers giving of their time.

Discovered a blown fuse. Replaced fuse.  Got it running on A/C now, the cooling tubing is heating up hot, so I imagine it will now cool properly on A/C. I prefer to run on LP so determined to get this working

Yesterday, when I replaced the cleaned orifice/burner, the igniter wiring outside of the ceramic casing, was bare.  If it were an igniter gone bad, wouldn't have have power to that wire, or does it only have power right after the switch is turned on? Dont want to throw money at it if its not the issue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom