EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Travel Trailer exterior question...  (Read 299 times)

Tebpac

• ---
Travel Trailer exterior question...
« on: July 23, 2017, 08:29:47 PM »
So what type of exterior is preferred on a TT?  The one that looks like vinyl or the smooth surfaced fiberglass type?  Pros and cons?

Also, in looking at multiple trailers and deciphering the letters after the numbers, I found one I haven't figured out.  RBWE?  Rear Bathroom but what is the WE? 

Todd
Todd B
2012 Toyota Tundra DC 4.6 L V8 TRD 4x4 with Tow Pkg
1996 Coleman Bayport PU (In search of a new(er) Travel Trailer)

RedandSilver

• ---
Re: Travel Trailer exterior question...
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 08:55:18 PM »
Just guessing - but could RBWE = Rear Bed West to East facing?
2002 Rexhall Rose Air  Cummins 8.3  350hp

Tebpac

• ---
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 08:58:45 PM »
Unsure.  The model of Passport we looked at was the RB (Rear Bathroom) however I saw the same model online with a second designation of RBWE.  The only thing I could see was different was a dotted circle around the entertainment center?
Todd B

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 11:40:19 AM »
You're gonna love this...

WE stands for Western Edition, meaning produced in Keystone's western plant. As opposed to Eastern Edition, which is the plain RB in this case.  There are usually only slight differences, if any, based on different production line capability/procedures and sometimes the perceived preferences of western vs eastern RV buyers.

Keystone has a map on their Passport model page showing the states provided with Western Edition vs Eastern models.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 11:42:27 AM by Gary RV_Wizard »
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 11:44:48 AM »
The fiberglass material is generally perceived as more upscale and does indeed cost a bit more. Whether it is any "better" is debatable. The smooth fiberglass surface is perhaps easier to wash or polish than the corrugated aluminum, but that's probably about it.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

massspike

• ---
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 02:23:36 PM »
I have noticed quite a difference between the fiberglass on our current Winnie Minnie and that of our previous Keystone Bullet. The Minnie is "high-gloss gel-coat fiberglass" and it looks much nicer, it's keeping its bright white color/shine, and stays cleaner (I understand it can be re-buffed every few years to restore its shine). The Bullet (not a cheap TT) started to go to a dull white after a year and no amount of cleaning helped.

Triple Slide Jayco

• ---
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 05:00:37 PM »
I have the aluminum exterior. It get black streaks where the painted area is white. The fiberglass really looks nice, however what is the price difference.? My opinion is if you are going to keep it a long time get the Fiberglass. I beleive it will be easier to keep clean, far less prone for dents and scratches and will hold a good look and might be worth extra money. IF planning on upgrading every so often, aluminum will keep costs down and will sell just fine down the road. My two cents.
2016 Jayco TT Triple slide 33RBTS
2016 Chevy Tahoe

Tebpac

• ---
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 08:19:40 PM »
Thanks all....That's interesting about the letter designation.  The secret unveiled! ;D LOL! 

We are thinking fiberglass as far as exterior.  We tend to keep cars etc forever so we want something that can hold up to years of use. 
Todd B

Hosted by Over The Network