Canadian ticket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
halfwright said:
Almost as many strong opinions about this as there are about toilet paper. I thought I would be allowed to choose not to use a seat belt without being personally attacked. I see I was completely wrong.
If you really want their advice ...  Tell them you let people use the restroom or lay down on the bed in a moving motorhome. 

and,  The Home run of unwanted advice ....tell them you like to ride a motorcycle without a helmet.

I do not wear gloves when i drain the waste water tanks . I also have been seen drinking from a garden hose and running with scissors.

halfwright said:
I do not wear gloves when i drain the waste water tanks . I also have been seen drinking from a garden hose and running with scissors.

I read that wrong the first time (I have been into the scotch tonight). I, at first glance, thought you said you drank from the waste water tanks and did not wear gloves while running with scissors while drinking from a garden hose. I guess I was halfwright.

Well at least we can keep a sense of humor about it. One thing we all still have is free will. Make your own decisions, and whatever the consequences are, those are yours to keep too.  No name calling though, this is not the place.

TonyDtorch said:
Protest Pay the ticket,  ship them a box of 16,700 U.S. Pennys ...  Canadian's have a great sense of humor  8)
We sure do. Especially since we no longer use pennys, and the Canadian dollar is worth about 75 cents US. That would mean you would be paying about forty or more dollars more than the fine was to start with. As far as wearing seat belts, I have worn them ever since they started putting air bags in vehicles. I dont want to get killed by a stupid air bag blowing up in a minor fender bender.

SargeW said:
Well at least we can keep a sense of humor about it. One thing we all still have is free will. Make your own decisions, and whatever the consequences are, those are yours to keep too.  No name calling though, this is not the place.
:)) :)) :))  Right on, SargeW!

muskoka guy said:
As far as wearing seat belts,  I have worn them ever since they started putting air bags in vehicles. I dont want to get killed by a stupid air bag blowing up in a minor fender bender.

why bother with the seat belt ....that Takata airbag is gonna kill you anyway.

I'm glad Class A's don't have airbags... :)

muskoka guy said:
We sure do. Especially since we no longer use pennys, and the Canadian dollar is worth about 75 cents US. That would mean you would be paying about forty or more dollars more than the fine was to start with.

And since it costs the US Mint more than a penny to make a penny not only would the Canadian economy gain over $200 we'd melt down the pennies for the copper at your expense...not exactly a pathway to #MAGA :)

massspike said:
And since it costs the US Mint more than a penny to make a penny not only would the Canadian economy gain over $200 we'd melt down the pennies for the copper at your expense...not exactly a pathway to #MAGA :)

Most pennies are now made primarily of Zinc. Worth a little over a US dollar per pound.

I don't want to get killed by a stupid air bag blowing up in a minor fender bender.

Our neighbor's car was totaled last week when she was hit broadside by a couple of boys who came out of a driveway very fast.  It was a hit and run, e.g. they jumped out of the car and ran.  But my comment is about the air bag.  She went to the hospital to be checked and fortunately had no serious injuries, but her entire chest from neck to waist was badly bruised from the air bag and she could barely move.  She slept in her recliner the first night because lying on the bed hurt so much.  That's why they recommend you sit farther back (she's short and can't if she wants to reach the pedals) and place your hands where your arms are less likely to be brush burned by an exploding air bag.  Way back when the dinosaurs roamed and we learned to drive, we were taught to place our hands on the steering wheel in the "10 and 2 o'clock position"  but that's been changed.  The new recommended positions are 8 o?clock and 4 o?clock, or slightly higher at 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock.

ArdraF

pretty sure interpol is scanning this thread....

I remember when they started phasing in the seat belt laws.  I grew up never wearing a belt, and learned to drive never wearing one...well actually I think we had to for the test....not sure.  Anyway, even when they had that time when they could only write warnings, I figured if you can't beat them join them.  I started wearing the belt and haven't looked back.

As a Firefighter/EMT who has been responding to car accidents for more than three decades, I can say with absolute certainly that seat belts, air bags and other safely features definitely save lives. We pull up on accident scenes that most likely would have been fatal back in the day, but folks are walking away from them.

We see different types of injuries, such as from air bags or crumble zones. For bikers - helmets and leather are a big factor in reducing injuries.

As to the OP, I would pay the ticket and not have to worry about what the future might bring.

:)) :)) :))  My brother, his son and his daughter-in-law are firefighters with paramedic qualifications.  You are right on with your advice.

I can remember back in the day ('60's) when my Boss refused to wear a seat belt. His excuse was that if he were to go through a bridge rail he would be drowned!! We worked for a very vehicle safety oriented company with more than a thousand fleet vehicles that insisted on their use and you could be fired for refusing. Fortunately, AFIK, he was only driving his own personal vehicle at that time and probably not on business.

We had to take company drivers courses, including driving on ice, and be tested and certified by them to use ANY vehicle, including your own, for business purposes. My Canadian Armed Forces experience was very similar and was very vehicle specific.

Being most serious automobile injuries are head injuries...I guess our government should also require all of us to wear full face helmets and Hans devices.

and you should always wear your life jacket on a cruise ship...you never know when you're gonna get hit by a giant rogue wave !
;)

I learned to drive in pre seat belt days and at first was reluctant to wear it, as Tony says what's next? Mandatory full face helmets? Now I am so used to wearing it I am uncomfortable without especially in an old Jeep with no doors. ;D Plus the damn buzzer won't shut up. To the op, suck it up and pay the piper. It could save you some grief down the road.

What ticked me off when I got my first car was that people told me it was illegal to install 5 point harnesses in street cars. I feel naked without a seatbelt in a car or the RV. The motorcycle on the other hand.......

Ahh... the good ol' days before seat belt laws,  wide bench seats,  big metal dashboards,  drive-in movies. 

I remember (fondly),    you actually can feel naked without a seat belt. 

I have kids now, so thank God they require them.

;)

Back
Top Bottom