Canadian ticket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When someone tells you something like "It is Illegal to install a 5 point harness".. Ask them where it is written, SHOW ME THE LAW...  There is a good chance they can't.  Same for driving barefoot.. Good chance they can't.

One down side to ignoring the ticket.. IF YOU FORGET about it,  and re-=visit Canada..... You may find your visit.... Extrended.

John From Detroit said:
When someone tells you something like "It is Illegal to install a 5 point harness".. Ask them where it is written, SHOW ME THE LAW...  There is a good chance they can't.  Same for driving barefoot.. Good chance they can't.

One down side to ignoring the ticket.. IF YOU FORGET about it,  and re-=visit Canada..... You may find your visit.... Extrended.

Many states if not all it's illegal to have a 5 point harness. All seat belts must have a red button single release for paramedics.

SkateBoard said:
Many states if not all it's illegal to have a 5 point harness. All seat belts must have a red button single release for paramedics.
I'd like to see that written, somewhere.  What about 5 point child safety seats?  There is absolutely nothing written in the NY Vehicle Traffic and Safety Law about 5 point harnesses.

For the OP ---  Non seatbelt use is Everyone's Problem - Inpatient hospital costs for unbelted crash victims are 50% higher than those for belted victims.  Society pays 85% of those costs, not the crash victims.

Ask any doctor, paramedic, or first responder.  They will tell you not wearing a seatbelt is stupid. My son who is a firefighter tells us some really gory stories he sees when he gets to an accident where someone wasn't wearing a seatbelt. My cousin rolled his car not wearing a seatbelt. When you get thrown, you get thrown in front of the rolling car.  He was fortunate. It only crushed both his legs and missed his torso and head as it rolled over him.

You deserved the ticket. Pay it.

You will also have trouble collecting for your injuries in court if you don't wear a seatbelt as the opposing lawyers and insurance company can successfully claim you attributed to your own injuries by not wearing one.

phil-t said:
I'd like to see that written, somewhere.  What about 5 point child safety seats?

They take the whole baby seat which is held in place by the cars belt with the red colored release button.

The illegal 5 point seatbelt law the Cop is referring to,  is the FED DOT seat belt law that requires all seatbelts used on the highways to be DOT tested/approved and factory installed.

It's one of those laws that under "literal" enforcement can also have negative effects. 

(an example) ...It is technically illegal to retrofit seatbelts into an old car that wasn't equipped with seatbelts from the factory.

Aftermarket parts sometimes clash with the law,  some LEOs enforce the intent of the law, and some enforce the exact wording of the law.

SkateBoard said:

But... the 5 point I wanted to use had a large red button right in the center of my chest. Bam! I'm out of it.

I just think the local LEOs didn't want me to feel TOO comfortable with high speed turns and such.

Back
Top Bottom