2001 Holiday Rambler Endeavor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dkinser

I have a 2001 Holiday Rambler Endeavor with a 100 gallon diesel fuel tank. The tank has a overflow hose(also used for venting) opposite from the fuel fill side of the mh. I frequently have spills from this overflow hose when fueling. I don't notice the spill until there are several gallons on the ground. Any recommendations on how I can avoid the spills. Thanks.

There are probably multiple contributing factors. The tilt of the coach itself is one - often imperceptible buy even a tiny lean to one side causes extra problems. If necessary, you might have to deploy jacks on one side (or both).  The tilt doesn't necessarily have to be toward the vent either.

Air and diesel bubbles (foam) are a major contributor, so pumping at the slowest possible speed usually helps. Unlike gas, diesel foams easily when rushing in. Fuel runs out of the filler tube into the tank, foams up and rushes across to the vent and exits. It's a fairly common problem.

There isn't a whole lot you can do, though. Because of Class A layout constraints, the filler tube and vent go into the tank at a very shallow angle, so splash back in either is likely. You may just have to post the wife outside to watch for overflows.

1. Pump fuel slowly?
2. Attach a hose to the vent hose and into a can when fueling?
3. Not fill the tank too full?

Back
Top Bottom