Moab 07 Daily Activities / Attendees

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betty Brewer

Moderator Emeritus
Moab 07 Rally Events

Sunday,  April 29, 2007 9:30 am Pritchett Arch 4 wheel  Drive.  Led by Sam and Ron Ruward
                                 Home Show Tours $5  Marleen
                                 Barrel Racing  1:00 Arena in Town.

Monday, April 30, 2007 Golf for some
                                  10 am   Park Ave.  Easy Hike  Good introduction to area. 

Tuesday,   May 1, 2007  Golf
                                   Day time Canyonland Boat trip $60 See Ron Ruward for times/payment options.
                                  Dinner at Canyonland  be there before 6:30 pm
                                   Canyonland by Night with Dinner  $60.

Wednesday May 2, 2000  9 am  Fiery Furnace Hike led by Jerry Fitzgerald
                                    5 pm Pizza,  Salad/ Dessert Potluck,  6:00  Evening Variety Show.   Party time

Thursday May 3, 2007
                                    9 am to 4 pm Colorado River rafting trip. $55 all day, includes lunch.  Call Moab      Adventure    at (435) 259-7019.  Ask about Senior discount.
                               Golf....Ask Ron Maribit o

Friday May 4, 2007     9 am Kane Creek Road Hike easy  Mike and Wendy lead
                            Shopping in PM

Saturday May 5, 2007   9 am Breakfast Potluck
                  1 pm Delicate Arch Hike

Sunday May 6, 2007   Goodbyes, Departures

All events are subject to change and additional activities may be added the night before.  Happy hours will be at 4:30 daily.  Awards shall be presented by those having received them the night before.

Watch the board in Betty?s coach site  3 or watch Forum for updates.  We are having fun NOW!

Moab 07   Attendee List and Site Number
site 2   Marlene and Bernie Dobrin
site 3   Betty and Terry Brewer 
site 4   Sam and Ron Ruward   
site 5     Linda and Richard Sharp
site 6   Russ Mahoney
site 7   Lorna and Ned Reiter
site 8   Ardra and Jerry  Fitzgerald 
site 9   Frank and Barb Weimart
site 10  Shirley and Ron Marabito
Site 11  Jim and Ruby Laney
site 12   Mike and Wendy Lawrence
site 13   Jan and Tim Lynch   
site 16   Phil Bullock  and Doris
site 21   Patty and John  (Colorado Chick)
site 22    Ken and Shiela Kuch
site 23    Ollie and Judy
site 26    Dean and Linda Stock
M17       Jeff Cousins
M 19       Kerry and Beth Mathews
M21      Sue and James Moeller
M24       Jeanette and Dave Reavis
M 34      Robert and Mary  From Texas
R 56       Tom and Chris Jones
R 57       Chris and Mimi Pennings
R 54       Peter Jason and Reva
R 48      Al and Vel Woods
R 46      Ken and Sarah
>  Mike and Ann Shedivy  To arrive Sunday
Tim and Marsha Lassen  To arrive Sunday 

Please let me know if I have omitted anyone or did not have your name correct or complete.
Betty

Today Bernie & Marlene led a trip up Shaffer trail and back down via Long Canyon. I've uploaded a few photos to our photo gallery - click on the Photos button above and select the Moab 2007 rally album. I'll get more photos added when I get a chance and if/when others share their photos.

Wow, that's a lot of fun things to choose from. Thanks Betty for working out the schedule.

If you're not here, you are missing out on so much fun. We wish you were here.

Wendy and Mike

p.s. Sam says it's a GREAT place for dogs....swimming in the pond, walking in the fields. Wow.

Tim and I are in Cedar City, Utah and will pull into Moab sometime tomorrow afternoon.  We have site #47 reserved, if they haven't relocated us.  We left Bonsall, Ca at 4 Am this morning and made pretty good time into Cedar City.

Wendy, Remy will be glad that the ponds and field is still available...Wahoo.

WoW....lots of activities planned!!!!

Marsha~

Dan & I expect to arrive Tuesday (not Monday as previously planned).  Don't know what our site number will be.

Jeannine

Jeannine said:
Dan & I expect to arrive Tuesday (not Monday as previously planned).  Don't know what our site number will be.
Jeannine

We will watch for you.

Betty

wendycoke said:
Wow, that's a lot of fun things to choose from. Thanks Betty for working out the schedule.

For those  wanting to do the Rafting trip down the Colorado River  on Thursday  May 3 , Call Moab Adventures  at (435)  259-7019.  They want us at their office at 8 am  225 South Main Street.  We will be fitted for life jackets and sign waivers.  Your credit card will ensure your reservation.  Terry and I booked under RV Forum Name .  It cost us $113.30  for 2, for the all day trip with lunch and a morning snack included.  We should be back by 4.  My sign ups look like there might be 15 of us!

Some will row some will ride.  Maybe we can switch off at lunch.

Betty

This evening at happy hour, Beth announced our cat had been missing for a day.

We felt your sympathy and concern, thank you very much.

Lo and behold we found the rascal tonight. The power of prayer and positive thinking is a wonder to behold. We are grateful.

You who have or had four legged family members know our joy.

No need to respond as this rally is about the good times.

Kerry & Beth Mathews

29er said:
Lo and behold we found the rascal tonight.
Kerry & Beth Mathews

Oh my gosh!  I am so happy.  I am so glad your found your critter!  I just knew you would!!!  For all of us who have ever had with sorrow the the loss of a pet we rejoice!!!.  Now  let the good times of a rally continue.

Betty Brewer

PS My hubby wants to know where you found Tut.

Sounds like you all are having a great time - wish we could be there. Instead we are in chilly, rainy, central NY with only 20A power to ward off the elements.  But we are visiting  my brother and Nancy's sister plus some adult nieces and their spouses (some of whom we haven't seen for a couple years) and that is always a good thing.

I'm envious of those taking the river rafting trip - be sure to post photos!

Ardra and Jerry led a hike along Park Avenue this morning. An easy walk with lots of photo ops.

Attachments

• ParkAve.jpg
    ParkAve.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 59
  • ParkAve2.jpg
    ParkAve2.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 55
  • ParkAve4.jpg
    ParkAve4.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 55
  • ParkAve3.jpg
    ParkAve3.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 58
We ran across these familiar faces coming the other way on the Park Avenue hike.

Attachments

• Vel_Al.jpg
    Vel_Al.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 49
Some photos taken today on the La Sal Mountain loop by Chris Pennings.

Photos uploaded with permission.

Attachments

• snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 54
  • snow2.jpg
    snow2.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 51
  • rest_stop.jpg
    rest_stop.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 52
What's my Jeep doing there?  I must be there  Snow and shorts  Perfect weather.  Popped the back backin this Afternoon and feeling great  Audrey goes to Dr again Tomorrow and I return WED for another setting  Gosh  but mine sure feels better.  Missing the fun but certainly enjoying the pic and messages from all.

We're missing you both Shayne. Hope you both get well soon.

Well at least  having to stay here, I won;t be leaving her at the Flying J anyway.  I'll just find some other way to get in trouble.  That won't be hard for me, I'm sure.  Just keep the info flowing.  Tell everyone wish we were there and to have twice as much fun  so we can enjoy the stories.

Wendy, I guess that Chris missed the Kodak moment  ;D

Have you looked at the list of attendees for our Moab 07 rally ?  I've added the folks who arrived after the first posting.  Not sure if I got all names spelled right or the correct site but you get  the idea that there are  58 folks in attendance.  What a rally.  What great framily, what great scenery, what great restaurants, what  a great life!  Thanks for joining us.

Betty

Back
Top Bottom