Moab 07 Daily Activities / Attendees

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is a few photos of the beautiful scenery around the Moab Country Club where the Marabitos and I played a round this morning.

Attachments

• P1060325 [800x600].JPG
    P1060325 [800x600].JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 51
  • P1060324 [800x600].JPG
    P1060324 [800x600].JPG
    109 KB · Views: 45
  • P1060326 [800x600].JPG
    P1060326 [800x600].JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 47
Shayne said:
I want to see a replay of Betty playing in the snow  LOL

Hey all,
The real story is that it was 74  degrees when we left Moab at 10 am .  I had planned on taking the Park Avenue easy walk  so I dressed for the hot weather walk.  Then Ann hurt her back tying her tennis shoes and we opted to go on the La Salles Loop  trip as this was the last day of this road being open due to impending construction. 
When we hit the snow area it had cooled to  62 degrees.  Stilll very nice.  I wanted to take a picture of Terry but he  wanted  it to be in clean whilte snow so he made me walk out into the clearing .  The clean white snow was a drift with a crusty  icy edge and my left leg sank  to hip level......,  Burrr.  I could not get our camera to focus so we have no photos but I do have a nice scrape on my leg.  When we got back to Moab it was  84 degrees.  What a difference elevation makes.  Who cares?  We had burgers and onion rings at Moab Brewery with good company and  good service!
Betty

Thanks Barb for the pics and we wouyld like to see the replay video of Betty gradually sinking to the depths.  Sorry about the scrapping of the leg.

Howdy.
Thanks for ALL of the photos.  :D

Jack and Liz
Still in D'Hanis, TX at the Lone Star Corral

wish we could be there.

Gary, we wish you were here too.  It's been a long time!  Shayne, you too.

Barb, glad you got that all important picture of Betty up to her knee in snow.  So happy it got documented!  :D

Tom, your Park Avenue photos were nice.  They really show those wonderful sandstone formations that frame our little hike.  Next time we hope some of you will join us in first going uphill and then downhill.

Jeff, thanks also for the golf course photos.  After all these years of coming to Moab I had no idea there was a country club here.  Where is it located?  We're not golfers, but what a delightful setting!

ArdraF

Jeff.....thanks so much for letting us "borrow" your internet connection.....it's working great! The Portal signal just isn't strong enough to reach us out here in the boonies......we've been "home-bound" since we got here because of Mike's kidney stone (I think he's named it by now) and because I screwed up my back yesterday and am still using the heating pad, etc while I rest.....hope to join all for Happy Hour this afternoon if I'm feeling better.....Mike's doing much better.....Ann and Mike Shedivy

Glad Mike's doing better. And what's this about you hurting your back tying your shoes???? Time for slip-ons.

See you at Happy Hour.

Here are some pics showing the different extremes in Moab.

Attachments

• Moab06 (Small).JPG
    Moab06 (Small).JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Moab08 (Small).JPG
    Moab08 (Small).JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Moab11 (Small).JPG
    Moab11 (Small).JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Moab15 (Small).JPG
    Moab15 (Small).JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 51
  • Moab16 (Small).JPG
    Moab16 (Small).JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 51
Here's a few more photos from yesterday.

Attachments

• Along Park Avenue.jpg
    Along Park Avenue.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Flowers on Park Avenue.jpg
    Flowers on Park Avenue.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Jerry's New Toy.jpg
    Jerry's New Toy.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 45
  • LaSalle Loop Priest and Nuns.jpg
    LaSalle Loop Priest and Nuns.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 45
mikenannie said:
Jeff.....thanks so much for letting us "borrow" your internet connection.....it's working great! The Portal signal just isn't strong enough to reach us out here in the boonies......we've been "home-bound" since we got here because of Mike's kidney stone (I think he's named it by now) and because I screwed up my back yesterday and am still using the heating pad, etc while I rest.....hope to join all for Happy Hour this afternoon if I'm feeling better.....Mike's doing much better.....Ann and Mike Shedivy

Ann:

You are welcome. Connections are seldom a problem when this group gets together.

See you at 4:30.

Wednesday, May2/07  5.00 pm.

Heineken Beer keg testing. Location at the Pennings # 57, Limited supply (small keg) first come first served. No rain checks. Free Parking available. Valet parking extra at $ 5.00

chris & Mimi

Ned andTerry  great shots.  Fantastic expression on the deer's face as if to say  What you doin there boy?  LOL

I'd like to offer a huge big thank you for all participants in this evening's events.  Thank You to Linda and Dean Stock for ordering, taking payments  and  picking up pizza for us.  Thanks to all the salad potluck folks.  Thanks to those of you who brought yummy desserts.  AND the big thank you goes to the Variety Show volunteer performers.  Al Woods once again entertained us with his  versatile VASE.  Chris Jones and new  member, Beth Mathews are now frequent shoppers of the local thrift stores and purchased props for  the Jones breakfast routine and the Fancy Yancy  act.  Last minute understudies Jan and Tim Lynch performed brilliantly behind a white sheet with Beth and Kerry Mathews along with Grandma Chris Jones, who we learned tonight smokes!  The very talented Dave Reavis entertained us with serious dulcimer music selections and he  informed us of the history of the instrument.  He was the only act to  actually  receive a call for an encore!  The Colorado Chick (Patty)  and hubby John Wilson caused us laughter with their humorous improvisation act.  My sides still hurt.  Good sports Wendy Lawrence and Bernie Dobrin  entertained us with a grand finale sing along of  "We find RVing fun."  We are indeed Framily!

A roast toasting the 60th birthday of Terry Brewer was a tribute to the child in each of us.  Following  gag gifts we danced the hokey pokey, the twist, the bunny hop and the hand jive.  I've been watching too much Dancing with the stars.  Thanks to Sam for serving ice cream, Linda Sharp for hiding cake and delivering it on cue.  May birthdays of Marlene Dobrin, Jerry Fitzgerald and Ardra Fitzgerald were acknowledged.  Gosh I love forum rallies!  Photos to follow.

Betty Brewer
Producer of tonight's events

I had so much fun, both watching the acts and watching other folks' reactions. At times it was tough to hold the camera still.

Attachments

• laughter.jpg
    laughter.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 54

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom