Moab 07 Daily Activities / Attendees

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ruward's visitors were very wet, very cold barn swallows.

Ron turned up the thermostat when he got here a week ago and the weather warmed up to the low 90s. Could whoever turned it down please turn it back up?

wendycoke said:
Ron turned up the thermostat when he got here a week ago and the weather warmed up to the low 90s. Could whoever turned it down please turn it back up?

Also turn the shower off.  .84 inches is enough for now. :D

Well, we had our final trip happy hour tonight.  We had the shortest "meeting time" on record  as the temps were very cold and windy. Hats, gloves and wind breakers were the order of the evening.  Final awards were offered to Dean and Linda Stock who received the first "Chicken Poop" award as they now are on their way to fixes for the RV and Toad damage. What goes  around comes around.  Lorna and Ned Reiter were not present at meeting to give away the big poop award so we expect a big give away on line in the future.  The Smiley couple award was given to new  RV Forum rally participants,  Beth and Kerry  Mathews who served up homemade waffles at breakfast this morning and entertainment acts during variety show.  We love new friends on the forum!  If memory serves, Ardra  got he Curious George award for her questions on the walk  this morning.  Jason kept Hotdog award as he thought he was the biggest show off of the week. 
LATE BREAKING NEWS  Lorna just showed up p at our coach and awarded  Terry and I the Chicken Poop award as we have tendency to bring out the best of the rain in the weather!  Just ask us about Alaska.  What a wonderful rally!!

Betty

I just checked the forecast and it says "when the Brewer's leave Moab, the rain will stop, the sun will shine, and the temperature will rise".  We're waiting until Monday to give you a chance to take all this bad weather with you and then we're going in the opposite direction :)

Photos taken @ Dead Horse Point State Park.  Not trick photography!!!

Attachments

• 100_4065 (Small).JPG
    100_4065 (Small).JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 100_4064 (Small).JPG
    100_4064 (Small).JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 47
Here are a few pics from the Park Avenue walk.
The frist is the group taken from the start of the trail & the second is from the same spot zoomed in on the group.
The other pics are Pano put together from several shots.
If anoyone would like the full res. file let me know I can e-mail it to you or you could download it from my web page.
Mike

Attachments

• ParkAve (Medium).jpg
    ParkAve (Medium).jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 52
  • P1010070 (Medium).JPG
    P1010070 (Medium).JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 40
  • ParkAvePano1 (Medium).jpg
    ParkAvePano1 (Medium).jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 34
  • ParkAvePano2 (Medium).jpg
    ParkAvePano2 (Medium).jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 34
  • ParkAvePano3 (Medium).jpg
    ParkAvePano3 (Medium).jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 24
  • ParkAvePano4 (Medium).jpg
    ParkAvePano4 (Medium).jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 27
  • ParkAvePano5 (Medium).jpg
    ParkAvePano5 (Medium).jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 31
  • ParkAvePano6 (Medium).jpg
    ParkAvePano6 (Medium).jpg
    48 KB · Views: 26
  • P1010144 (Medium).JPG
    P1010144 (Medium).JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 28
  • P1010155 (Medium).JPG
    P1010155 (Medium).JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 29
Ron:

We can ride down together if you would like. All four seats are empty in the CRV. ;D

Mike,

Your Park Avenue photos turned out great.  I really like our two group photos; one where we can see faces and the other with the neat canyon in the background.  Also, the yellow flowers with the formation in the background are nice, as is the Indian Paintbrush macro with fuzzy formations.

ArdraF

We arrived home after driving through snow in Monticello (I warned you!!). Sorted laundry and tried to start the washer and it wouldn't start. Looked up and the plugs had fallen out, including the one to the chest freezer we keep next to the washer/dryer. We think it was unplugged the entire time we've been gone.......talk about stink and ick!! Took 3 big trash bags of nasty food out to the trash cans, about $200 worth of food. Only thing we salvaged were the bags of M&Ms. Oh well, we were trying to eat up all the food in the freezer so we could sell the freezer anyway. Throwing it away was much faster.

Hope everyone got to their next stop safely. Snow in the Rockies looks lovely compared to tornadoes in the mid-west.

Safe and Happy Travels
Wendy, Mike and Sam

We had a really great time in Moab.  We sadly said our see ya's around 9:30.  And hit the road. Frank and I made it to Happy Camper RV Park in Pagosa Springs, Co.  PA $13.50. 50A pull-thru, in which we were able to stay connected.  We hit rain and sleet, but the worst weather happened after we arrived.  But we now have blue skies, and the snow has melted.  Made a pot of beef vegetable soup for dinner, with cranberry oatmeal cookies.

Have already stated savings our pennies for next year.

Hi Everyone,

Tim and I had a great time in Moab this year.  It was fun to get to spend time with everyone, even with the colder weather at the latter part of the week.  As always the people were great...the food was great...the scenery magnificiant.

We headed out of Portal about 10 am.  As we were on #70, we came up on a motorhome towing an Envoy with Idaho plates.  The closer we got the more we kept thinking it might be Terry and Betty.  Sure enough, as we were passing them we saw Betty waving through the coach side windows.  They were getting ready to turn off onto #24 and we were heading on toward St. George. 

Great Rally everyone, it was especially nice to get a chance to spend time with Frank/Barbara; Dean/Linda and Kerry/Beth.  And being parked next to Al and Val was a special treat.

See ya at the next Rally,

Marsha & Tim

Marsha,

Chris & I thoroughly enjoyed our extended dinner & chat last evening with you & Tim, Chris & Mimi, Dean & Linda.

Hopefully we'll see you both in Kernville one of these days.

As Sam & I departed Portal this morning we were already thinking of the upcomming Moab Rally next year.  It was great seeing everybody again and enjoying the good times we had while at Moab.  

Was sorry to hear of Mike and Wendy's freezer problem.  But as Wendy said they don't have to worry about eating all that food so they can dispose of the freezer.

Hope everybody has a safe trip.

We had a post Moab rally here in SLC at the Coachman this evening with Phill, Doris, Jeff, and Sue.

Tom,

We really did have a good time last night, didn't we?  We almost closed the place down.

We'd love to have you come to Kernville and catch few trout with us......

Marsha~

I can only echo Marsha's sentiments.  What a great time.  Althoguh the weather was definitely a hindrance wehad a super time and I think everyone else did as well.  Good friends was the key as well as good food and more good food.

Attached some phots of our night drive through Arhes NP.

PS:  The lizard photo is for Kerry and Beth..it is image stabllized..tim

Attachments

• Lizard1.JPG
    Lizard1.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Stormy Sunset1.jpg
    Stormy Sunset1.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 32
  • ThreeGossips1.jpg
    ThreeGossips1.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 33
MarshaLassen/CA said:
  As we were on #70, we came up on a motorhome towing an Envoy with Idaho plates.  The closer we got the more we kept thinking it might be Terry and Betty. 

Hi Tim and  Marsha,

The plates are South Dakota .  We talked about your often last night as I played a round of Mexican train with Chris and Mimi and Chris Jones.  I have not laughed so hard in a long time .  Chris often quoted your rules and then he changed them again.  The game is to be continutued as it got too late to finish. I would say we were all quite competitive and not very good sports and laughed and laughed at each other's misery!  What a hoot.  Good luck with your home sale projects.

Betty

Hi Betty,

Sorry about the wrong state.... ;)

Be sure and keep Chris on his toes.  The game is a riot to play.  Mimmi often forgets to "Knock" when she has two tiles left.  Watch her closely!!  Chris will try to play more than one tile on a train, so you have to keep an eye on him too.  If there is a discrepancy on rules call me, you have my cell number. ;D

You guys are in Torrey, right?  How's the weather.

Marsha~

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom