Moab 07 Daily Activities / Attendees

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MarshaLassen/CA said:
  If there is a discrepancy on rules call me, you have my cell number.
You guys are in Torrey, right?  How's the weather.

Marsha,

We are headed toward Torrey.  Will go there today after we explore some of the roads here at Goblin Valley.  We purchased the book Barb told us, Backcounty Adventures Utah and will break it out this morning for a short ride.  Sun is out, no clouds  but still cool , 49 at 9 am.  Life is good.

Betty

We had a great time at Moab. It was good to see all of you "westerners" again.

We stopped Saturday night in Nephi in the snow and rain. They had enough snow on rt 50 to plow at the higher elevations. We are now in Ogden
at the Century Campground.

Dave & Jeanette

The last attendees left Portal this morning.  We're in Montrose for 3 days to visit Silverton again and the Black Canyon of the Gunnison.  Unfortunately, the boat tours don't start until Memorial Day :(  Temp is 66F, sunny, no wind, and satellite friendly plus good, strong free WiFi.  Life is good :)

All,

The FitzGeralds, Marabitos, and Sharps made it to Page AZ, although it was trying to snow around Monticello it never succeeded and we enjoyed driving through Monument Valley.  This morning we got up with the birdies to be at the Coyote Buttes ranger station to get in the lottery for tickets to The Wave.  It worked!  So tomorrow morning we have quite an adventure.  Our weather is sunny and quite pleasant so hope it holds.

It was another good time at Moab.  See you all next year!

ArdraF and JerryF

Great that you all got your tickets.  Enjoy The Wave.  We're going after snow in Silverton tomorrow.

Look closely in the first photo and you'll see 3 Framily members' coaches. The second photo is of the Brewer's coach with a neat backdrop.

When we exited Goblin SP, 3 couples took the trail to Temple Mountain, an old uranium mining area. A neat trail through a narrow canyon with several vistas along the way, such as Temple Tower. Chris Pennings and Terry Brewer were particularly interested in a more recent relic. I'm sure Terry will have better photos to share.

Russ arrived as we were about to hit the road again.

We followed Terry & Betty through Capitol Reef to Torrey and were greeted by Daisy.

Attachments

• Goblin_SP.jpg
    Goblin_SP.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Brewers_Goblin.jpg
    Brewers_Goblin.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Temple_Tower.jpg
    Temple_Tower.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 42
  • Relic.jpg
    Relic.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 43
Glad to see Terry's back in shorts.

Did anyone stay in site #16 at Goblin? That's where we were in the fall. Of course, we had our pick of all but 3 spaces.

Only a bunch of men would be excited about an old rusty, wrecked car.

Glad the FitzGeralds missed the snow in Monticello.....we didn't, had to take pictures of the Shell station in the snow.

Bet the Reiters found snow on their Silverton trip (rumor has it there was 8" in Ouray) and suspect the Weimarts saw a bit crossing over Wolf Creek Pass.

What a great time we had in Moab. Can't wait for next year.

Wendy
home in Cortez where the sky is blue, the grass is green, and it's in the 60s.

We had a great time in Moab.  We're already talking about next year.  The road was plowed through Wolf Pass. Mostly dry pavement.  A few patches of black ice, and wet spots.  We took it slow and easy.  Frank drove.  We are now in La Junta, CO.  Our first overnight in that place I can't mention.  Great internet reception.  Grubbed up, and having kielbasa for din din.  The sun is shinning, it's 67 with blue skies, and life is good.

p.s.
the koa next to wally's was packed

We're having a blast at a mini rally in Torrey, UT. Rigs in attendance are:  Brewers, Pennings, Mahoney, Thomas, Johnsons and Jones.

This evening we had a great campground meal comprised of a stew prepared by the Thomases and lots of other goodies provided by others. Can't believe we didn't have a functional camera.

After dinner the Mexican Train game resumed in the Pennings coach.

Attachments

• Russ.jpg
    Russ.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 36
  • coaches.jpg
    coaches.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 39
  • mx_train.jpg
    mx_train.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 39
  • mx_train2.jpg
    mx_train2.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 40
And, here I am, just finding out there are Mexican Train junkies in the group.  Our set is always in the motorhome, so next time....

ArdraF

Add Mike and I to the Mexican Train gang. Maybe we could get something going in Quartzsite?

wendycoke said:
Maybe we could get something going in Quartzsite?

It's unlikely we'll be back at QZ Wendy, for reasons I have communicated both publicly and privately. So MX-train will be without CJ, although she won the game this week.

Tom, We'll just have to meet up someplace else for a Mx train game....FMCA rally?

And set up a tournament for the those of us in Quartzsite....maybe some windless afternoon.

Wendy

wendycoke said:
We'll just have to meet up someplace else for a Mx train game....FMCA rally?

Wendy, are you talking about the FMCA convention in Redmond, Oregon in August, or Pomona in Feb, 2008? We've been talking for a couple of months about combining the Redmond trip with a Monaco rally and a visit to the service center.

BTW I don't play MX train, but I'm sure Chris will welcome the competition.

Redmond. Maybe it's time for you to learn Mexican train? Mike and I are just learning so we won't be much of a challange for Chris but we're getting better.

Tom, hope you get some fishing in before you get home. The three Gun Barrel RVs made it back to Texas today.  We all had a great time, thanks for inviting us.  I would like to thank all the Forum members that made the week so enjoyable with the hikes, the drives and the entertainment.  Betty, you did a great job of keeping everything organized, thanks for your efforts.

Jim Dick, sorry you weren't able to be there.  Several forum members remarked that I looked just like you. I don't think they should insult you like that just because you weren't there.

Robert,

Glad you enjoyed yourselves and that you arrived home safely. Moab sure leaves lasting impressions and the company of other forum members adds greatly to the enjoyment.

Had a great day fishing - click here for the fishing report.

Back
Top Bottom