Jayco and Keystone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Podwan

Still looking and saving. 

We've been looking at quite a few jaycos, and they appear to be good quality. 

I've also heard good things about keystone. 

Would some of you that own these brands mind sharing your experiences with their quality?

All RV's are built to a price point. No matter the brand, there are good ones and bad ones that get built. Ya puts ya nickle down and ya takes ya chance. I've seen both of those manufacturers have a particular trailer that was a genuine piece of junk with all kinds of manufacturing issues, and I've seen both that were built to perfection (or so as close as one can reasonably expect). Find the floorplan you like no matter what name is on it and go for it. Personally, dollar for dollar, Grand Design's are one of the best out there without spending a fortune and going to a really high dollar manufacturer. Hopefully that will continue since they were bought out by Winnebago late last year. Northwoods RV's come to mind also.

I have owned both, plus a Coachman. Still have the Keystone.  I wouldn't think twice about owning any of the three again.

I looked at Jaycos and agree they seem to be a little bit nicer. I ended up with a keystone and love it, have never had any issues. They are also easy to get on the phone to ask questions and order parts from if you need to.

I do agree with kdb though...they're all about the same but the price point is what matters a little bit. I bought a Laredo which is one of their "Select" grade models, and have a friend with a Laredo 5th wheel and both of us are very happy and have no issues. After 2 and half years full time living plus a cat, there isnt anything peeling or falling apart. I had a friend who purchased a Bullet, which is in their "Standard" grade, and I could immediately see a difference in the materials,  but not necessarily the overall quality of it. He did have a leak in the slide but it was easily fixed. I have yet another friend with a Forest River and it was hell on wheels since the day he got it. Everything in it was junk; he had issues with the slide roof pooling water and leaking, the furniture peeling, a broken slide...it was endless. When they finally did agree to ship it back to Indiana and get it repaired, the thing was gone for 2 months and came back with a roach infestation. Fun times. I should mention he paid almost 10k more for his than I did for mine.

Anecdotal evidence is all anyone really has to give as input here. It's a little bit of a gamble but its worth it.

Back
Top Bottom