fmca

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danford50

any members who would like to share any information about the topic,such as what does it offer , any member ship required, is it a time share  things like that.

The Family Motor Coach Association is essentially a large club with membership dues. Their web site shows a list of the extensive benefits of membership.

Ditto on going to the website for details on what FMCA offers.

The main reason I have a membership is medical evacuation insurance is included with the membership.  Some folks "say" it must not be as good as what you pay separately for.  However in my reading of the benefits covered it doesn't look different than what I see in reading the coverage in insurance you pay separately for.  All the policies have exemptions and rules you must follow to get the evacuation covered. 

The main reason I have a membership is medical evacuation insurance is included with the membership

That's exactly why I joined. Their rallies are sometimes enjoyable, too. I probably wouldn't miss the magazine, though.

In addition to the large, well-organized FMCA rallies, membership also gives you access to local chapters who hold their own smaller rallies at 'local' venues.

They also have a program with Michelin and Continental tires for motorhomes, light trucks, and passenger cars which can save you significant $$ on tire replacement.

Howard

We joined FMCA years ago and still like the FMCA magazine!  For new RVers especially, it has good technical articles that help explain how things work or should be maintained by motorhome owners.  For example, a recent one was on Onan generator maintenance.  Each year they publish a towing guide for new cars.  I also like the travel destination articles and often cut them out to be placed with my state brochures.  I read one recently that was about a place we visited in the last couple of years and learned there were some other interesting places that we didn't know about.  And, of course, there is the calendar of various rallies with the appropriate registration forms.  The FMCA rallies are great for new RVers because they have good seminars on everything from batteries to engines to transmissions to water systems to RV driving classes for ladies.  They also have activities for youngsters who attend with their parents or grandparents.  There are numerous benefits, including the aforementioned medical evacuation plan.  All in all, I think an FMCA membership is a very good value for new motorhome owners.  We learned so much when we attended our first FMCA rallies.

ArdraF

Seems like I read one time where they were thinking about allowing people with trailers to become members. Has anyone heard this?

The cost for road service option is definitely competitive with AAA and Coach-net.
Does anyone have experience with the service?

Rene T said:
Seems like I read one time where they were thinking about allowing people with trailers to become members. Has anyone heard this?

I think they had a proposal about that, but it has not yet happened -- no guarantees...

In the last FMCA magazine I read they were planning to submit the towables proposal to the governing board at the next convention which was last week in Indianapolis.  I haven't heard anything about it.

FMCA membership is really between a rock and a hard place.  First they were hit with the last recession when sales of RVs dropped like a rocket and there were bankruptcies and mergers so there aren't as many manufacturers now.  Sales are starting to recover but more people are buying towables instead of motorhomes, undoubtedly because they're a less expensive option.

FMCA membership has declined along with the economy, plus the average member age also is now higher and they're losing long-time members as they hang up the keys or go to the Great Campground in the Sky.  They're trying to appeal to younger people by allowing towables.  That's one way to do it, but I don't think young people are as likely to join (although we did) because they have limited vacations (that four-letter word called "work" interferes) and want to spend the little time they do have with their families, not with a bunch of older people they don't know.  In a way, that's too bad because the little ones can learn a lot from having older people in their lives.  The FMCA rallies have a lot of age-appropriate activities for kids from tots to teens and they seem to have a great time.  In fact, some of the people who grew up attending FMCA rallies with the parents and grandparents are now bringing their own children which is nice.

ArdraF

I think that membership numbers are down in all of the clubs. More people camping, fewer joining.

Rene T said:

The membership will be voting by written ballot in the fall.  The ballots are going to be published in the next couple of FMCA magazines.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom