EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: 2001 FLEETWOOD NIAGARA POP UP CAMPER 12 ELECTRICAL NO WORKY  (Read 3106 times)

cenkey

Hello,

My name is Curtis and I just bought a use 2001 fleetwood niagara pop camper and the 12volt electrical system does not work.

I checked the power converter and the fuses are good, the 110v AC works when plugged in from a proper AC outlet, the battery is dead so I jumped the battery from my truck and still nothing DC operates, I even looked behind the converter and no wires broken or disconnected.

Do I have a bad converter or is there some DC shutoff switch that I cannot locate.

Desperate first time camper ower,
Curtis Enkey, Pleasant Hill MO

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
Re: 2001 FLEETWOOD NIAGARA POP UP CAMPER 12 ELECTRICAL NO WORKY
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 09:29:36 AM »
Welcome to  the RV Forum, Curtis. Sorry to hear you are having a problem.

Check the back of the converter for a pair of fuses. They are there to protect from an inadvertent reverse polarization (battery plus & minus reversed) and will allow no power to pass if they are blown.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

Alfa38User

• ---
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 12:11:50 PM »
The other thing might be is that if the installed batteries are really that bad, it would be better to remove them from the circuit than to simply jump them. They will only pull down the jumper battery and you may get fooled by that!!

Can't help with the location of a possible cutoff switch though, the only tent type trailer I ever had was equipped with NO power!!
Stu
Montréal, Canada 🍁
Snowbird, Naples Florida
Alfa Gold 38 (2000) 5ver (parked!)

"Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advise!!!"

rjf7g

• ---
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 08:38:47 PM »
I have owned two pop-ups.  Replace the battery and check for a battery disconnect switch.  See if your 12V system works with a new battery.  Before you plug it in to 110V, check behind the converter/charger for fuses that may be blown or for a switch that turns it off and on.  Plug it in to 110V.  You will hear a hum from the converter/charger if it is working.  Use a voltmeter to check the voltage to and from the converter/charger.
2017 Aqua Patio SB235 with Yamaha 200HP
2007 Gulf Stream Innsbruck 36FRS
2006 Palomino Puma 27FQ Bunkhouse
2003 Club Car GS
1999 American Cruiser

AZdutchovenguy

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 07:57:45 PM »
Cenkey, we're you able to solve this problem?
2011 5.7L 2WD Tundra
2001 Coleman Fleetwood Westlake popup

Alfa38User

• ---
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 09:22:32 AM »
Cenkey has not been back since he first posted in 2012!!!
Stu
Montréal, Canada 🍁
Snowbird, Naples Florida
Alfa Gold 38 (2000) 5ver (parked!)

"Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advise!!!"

MikeNNRV

• ---
  • former tent camper
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 09:43:50 PM »
We bought our first pop up earlier this year; 2001 Coleman Sedona.  Had similar electrical problems.  I did not feel like replacing the fuses soldered on the board, so I bought a new replacement.  It was inexpensive and easy to install. It worked out for the best because when I removed the original I found it had been hit by lightning.  Surprised anything still worked.
The new was better because it included a main circuit breaker as opposed to the original which had a lug connection directly to the power wire.
Virginia is for Lovers
current: 2006 Cherokee 25DD
former: 2001 Coleman Sedona pop up

Hosted by Over The Network