Leveling Options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

butchiiii

Hi Folks,
Just wondering what folks use for trailer leveling when you find that your site is
not level side to side. I was thinking of getting some of those interlocking plastic
blocks that I have seen. Will they work as well as 2x8 boards? I know that they
are a lot lighter and would prefer to use the plastic blocks if people think that
they will be up to the task. Thanks in advance for any insight that you can
provide.
So far have spent 23 days camping this year (New Record) in the new TT and still
so much to learn.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I just bought a set of these on Amazon made by Camco (see link below).  They make these both for a single tire or wider for dual tires.  They also come in a few different colors. These are lighter weight than the equivalent wooden boards.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T36KG42/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The plastic ones can be pressed down into soft soil.  I carry boards that I use most of the time and add the plastic if needed for additional height.

lynnmor said:
The plastic ones can be pressed down into soft soil.  I carry boards that I use most of the time and add the plastic if needed for additional height.

Quite true. I also have a set of  plastic pads that are smooth on one side and waffled on the other.  I made the mistake of putting the waffle side down on hot asphalt under my leveler jacks and it ended up putting a waffle pattern into the asphalt.  I suppose it would have worked better to put the smooth side down.  Some have said that these plastic levelers can be crushed by some rigs with too much weight.  Time will tell if this is true for me.  My plan is to use these under my rear tires when levelers pull one or more tires off the ground.  I may be using my other plastic pads under these if the ground is soft or hot asphalt.

lone_star_dsl said:
In my opinion, these are the only ones to use: https://andersenhitches.com/Products/3604--camper-leveler.aspx
X2.  They're easy to use, effective and durable.  I used the plastic blocks for a few years until one exploded into shards under pressure.  I still have some, but if I use them I put them on boards first so they are evenly supported.  But for my money, you can't beat the Andersen levelers.

Thanks for the input folks. As always the forum is a great source for info.
I just ordered a set of the Anderson levelers. Should be here by the time of
our next trip.
Thanks
Butch

butchiiii said:
Thanks for the input folks. As always the forum is a great source for info.
I just ordered a set of the Anderson levelers. Should be here by the time of
our next trip.
Thanks
Butch

You certainly won't regret your choice!

Set-up used to get my blood boiling. Trying to figure out how many blocks are needed, back and forth with the truck, not always being perfectly level. I sound like a cliche salesman but the Andersen levelers have made set-up enjoyable. I have a big level on the pin box which means getting the trailer level is a one person task and it can be done in a fraction of the time of dealing with blocks.

It's nice to start a weekend in the mountains without having to first come down from an anger spike.

The plastic levelers seem to get mixed reviews. 
The Andersen levelers look interesting, but then it looks like chocking the tires would require x chocks, which if you own that's fine.

I'll stick with planks.  I can guess the height pretty well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom