30amp short stop circuit breaker question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Imtryin

I'm new to this forum and hope I can get some advise from someone with knowledge on wiring etc. I  have a 2001 prowler trailer that has a tip out and I recently discovered there was a short between the two batteries ground wire after replacing this wire my slide out decided to open on its own without hitting the button so somehow there's power getting to the motor of my slide out without asking for it.  I even went as far as taking the switch off the wall having the three wires that are connected to the back of it exposed on it and not touching and there was still power getting to the slide out. So I disconnected the  The wiring harness that connects to the relay board which is a model 140?1130  using my voltmeter I set it to 20 A on my DC and tested the wires in that wiring harness and for some reason the wire labeled 'in' is receiving power.  Is this supposed to be?  Also after all of these issues I heard a ticking under the trailer near the batteries climbed under there there are 3 12 V 30 amp circuit breaker's in tandem attached near a junction box and the center one was turning off and on.  Every time I try to hook the batteries back up they spark does anybody have any advice?  I'm in over my head on this I removed one of the circuit breaker's that was ticking and I'm planning on taking it in and seeing about getting a replacement Napa when I shook it it sound like something rattling inside not sure if it's supposed to could this be the culprit of all my issues? 

I think that what you found should be a relay that was stuck on causing the slide to always have power.
The control board should have power on the in but not on the out unless the switch is pushed.
Maybe it was bypassed to get the slide to work. 

I'm not clear what you meant about a short between the battery ground wires. All your battery grounds (negative) should be connected to the chassis, so of course they are all "shorted" together. Maybe you fixed something that wasn't broken?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom