Prostate Cancer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

8Muddypaws

About 3 months ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer.  They did a 14 core biopsy and 9 of the cores came back positive.  Gleason scores ranged from 7 to 9. (On a 1-10 scale).  PET scan showed that the tumors had not spread outside of the prostate.  Surgery was strongly recommended.

I roll into the room with the DaVinci robot at 7:30AM Pacific time tomorrow.  It will take about 5 hours and I won't be coming home for at least a day. 

I'll be on painkillers for a while so if I start making sense all of a sudden it's just the drugs.

We'll be thinking of you and hope everything goes well for you.

ArdraF

Good luck!
Eight year survivor. Elected for radioactive seeds...Lower impact, back to work the next day. Robot was an 8 hour drive away for us.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. They've come a long way with this stuff, go in with your head up!  :))

I had mine removed about 8 years ago and after about 1.5 yrs of recovery all is just fine. You'll probably be fine after 6 months.
Hope yours goes as well.

Had mine removed 15 years ago. No problem, fast recovery. Hope yours goes as well. We'll keep you and your family in our prayers tomorrow. A positive attitude goes a long way.

8 Muddy Paws is my best RV Buddy. I told him to recover quickly and keep his mobile phone on his bed because he is always getting me out of a jam and I may need him again soon.

Several really close forum friends (they know who they are and they're still here!) were fighting prostate cancer at the same time I had my first mastectomy.  They gave me such support and encouragement and I really appreciated it.  I can guaran-damn-tee you that a positive attitude is worth more than you can ever imagine.  Keep fighting that nasty C with good thoughts and determination until you win.  There are many of us here offering prayers and moral support for you.

Margi

Russ, we've talked privately, and you should know we're all praying for a successful procedure and a speedy recovery. It's been over 30 years since my other half came home after hearing the bad news of her diagnosis. I still break down in tears when I tell folks the story but, like others here, her positive attitude and a great medical team eventually resulted in a clean bill of health. You have high confidence in your medical team and a lot of folks here are pulling for you.

I've made arrangements for my wife to put something on Facebook when I come out of surgery and perhaps Lou can pass that message on here.  Too late to call him tonight.

Thank you all!  (Is this a great place or what?!?!)

You are in my prayers as well Muddy. New to the forum but not new to the big C.  Glad you have so much support on the forum, I understand how much that means when you're going through challenging times.  Blessings,

Prayers for a full recovery and clean bill of health. May I ask please if this was found during a routine exam or were you experiencing specific issues. Have my PSA numbers checked every two years but that's about it.

Back
Top Bottom