Prostate Cancer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just want to update all the great and caring members who posted on this blog. Great News, 8 Muddy Paws is in his room. Surgery did not take as long as the doctor had estimated it would. He has had lunch and I quote "if that is what you want to call it". Has a tube down his throat and feels no pain YET.  I am sure he will be texting soon.

Had a tube down my throat.  They took that out before waking me up.  I've got a sore throat and I'm sounding just like Barry White.

The last thing I remember was my wife walking out of the pre-op area, next thing I know I'm waking up and a nurse was telling I'm all done and they're moving me to a private room.

Very little pain.  They gave me Dilaudid, a morphene analog.  Not terribly happy about that but it's not giving me the problems Ocycodone did.  I'll deal with the side effects and withdrawal when the time comes.

Thanks Lou and everyone else on the awesome RV Site!  And a special thanks to Tom too!

Happy to hear it went well.  Just keep on keepin' on with your great attitude and you'll be fine soon.  Take that, Big C!!!  Prayers continue.

Wonderful news Russ. Glad to hear it went well.

I made it home at about 11AM.  Lou will be happy to hear that my first meal at home was a hamburger with extra pickles.  Lots of extra pickles.

It's good to be home.

Progress!

It's been 12 days since the surgery and I have been house bound almost the entire time.  The catheter leaks!  The one time I left the house, to have a nurse check the catheter, I had a big wet spot on my pants by the time they called me in.  They gave me a different style of bag and that helped some but didn't fix the problem completely.  No matter!  In exactly 21 hours I get that instrument of torture removed!

Most of the stitches have dissolved and the glue is peeling off.  But I still look like the guy who brought a knife to a gunfight.

They gave me a bottle of 30 oxycodone tablets in the smallest dosage possible, at my insistence.  They are 1/4 dosage of what they normally use.  Even at that I only took 2 of them.  Either there's not much pain involved or I have a high tolerance.

In the back of my mind have been thoughts of 'the pathology report'.  They said it can take 2-3 weeks but I'm hoping to find out tomorrow when I meet with the surgeon after getting the catheter (AKA fish hook) removed.

Hopefully this can be over soon and we can get back to being out in our rig 50% of the time.

Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes.  They have meant a lot to me.
Muddypaws
AKA Russ

Thanks for the update Russ. Glad to hear that progress is being made.

Hey Russ. Good to hear you are on the mend that is fantastic. Hope you are back to full strength soon. ?

PS if you sound like Barry White i might just need your number!!

The device of torture was removed!  It didn't hurt but it wasn't fun either.  Then the surgeon came in a gave us the good news. 

Clear Margins!  None of the removed lymph nodes had any cancerous cells and my Gleason scores were downgraded from a 9 to a 7 on the left and from a 7 to a 5 on the right.  That's really good news too.

Still lots of recovery to do.  Working on it.

That's great news, Russ.  Now do what you're told and get better soon!  ;D

ArdraF

Back
Top Bottom