EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Kitchen sink does not drain  (Read 207 times)

wayneroe

Kitchen sink does not drain
« on: July 26, 2017, 05:01:07 PM »
I own a brand new Thor ACE 30.3 with exterior kitchen. I am trying to sanitize the fresh water system before I use it for the first time. The tank was empty before I started. I put the water/bleach solution in, filled the tank with water, drove around for about five minutes to mix the solution with the water. Then I turned on the water pump and ran all the faucets one at a time to get air out of the lines and have the lines filled with the water/bleach solution. After I ran the water though each faucet, everything seemed fine except the sink in the outside kitchen did not drain. I tried everything I could think of. Does anyone have any idea why it won't drain and what I can do. It is the first time it has ever been used.

Rene T

• ---
  • Great being on the right side of the grass
Re: Kitchen sink does not drain
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 06:59:55 PM »
Sounds like it could be a kinked drain hose. If it's new, take it to the dealer.
Rene & Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 08:38:31 AM »
Or at least call the dealer and ask if there is some external sink drain procedure you are unaware of.  I'm not familiar with the ACE so can't suggest anything more specific.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

mel s

• ---
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 09:26:52 AM »
I own a brand new Thor ACE 30.3 with exterior kitchen. I am trying to sanitize the fresh water system before I use it for the first time. The tank was empty before I started. I put the water/bleach solution in, filled the tank with water, drove around for about five minutes to mix the solution with the water. Then I turned on the water pump and ran all the faucets one at a time to get air out of the lines and have the lines filled with the water/bleach solution. After I ran the water though each faucet, everything seemed fine except the sink in the outside kitchen did not drain. I tried everything I could think of. Does anyone have any idea why it won't drain and what I can do. It is the first time it has ever been used.

wayneroe
It is not unheard of to find construction debris, (wood chips, sawdust, etc.), in a drain P-trap in a new RV.
I suggest you remove the P-trap and see if that's the problem.

If it's not take the coach back to the dealer and have them fix it.

kdbgoat

• ---
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 11:48:16 AM »
My outdoor sink has one of these:

http://hepvo.com/

You may have this type too.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant

2016 Leprechaun 319DS

Hosted by Over The Network