Kitchen sink does not drain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wayneroe

I own a brand new Thor ACE 30.3 with exterior kitchen. I am trying to sanitize the fresh water system before I use it for the first time. The tank was empty before I started. I put the water/bleach solution in, filled the tank with water, drove around for about five minutes to mix the solution with the water. Then I turned on the water pump and ran all the faucets one at a time to get air out of the lines and have the lines filled with the water/bleach solution. After I ran the water though each faucet, everything seemed fine except the sink in the outside kitchen did not drain. I tried everything I could think of. Does anyone have any idea why it won't drain and what I can do. It is the first time it has ever been used.

Or at least call the dealer and ask if there is some external sink drain procedure you are unaware of.  I'm not familiar with the ACE so can't suggest anything more specific.

wayneroe said:
I own a brand new Thor ACE 30.3 with exterior kitchen. I am trying to sanitize the fresh water system before I use it for the first time. The tank was empty before I started. I put the water/bleach solution in, filled the tank with water, drove around for about five minutes to mix the solution with the water. Then I turned on the water pump and ran all the faucets one at a time to get air out of the lines and have the lines filled with the water/bleach solution. After I ran the water though each faucet, everything seemed fine except the sink in the outside kitchen did not drain. I tried everything I could think of. Does anyone have any idea why it won't drain and what I can do. It is the first time it has ever been used.

wayneroe
It is not unheard of to find construction debris, (wood chips, sawdust, etc.), in a drain P-trap in a new RV.
I suggest you remove the P-trap and see if that's the problem.

If it's not take the coach back to the dealer and have them fix it.

My outdoor sink has one of these:

http://hepvo.com/

You may have this type too.

Back
Top Bottom