Help ! Water pump issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildbill1962

I have a 2017 Starcraft Autumn Ridge. Hooked up to city water, 50lb regulator, valve in city position.
My fresh water tank is filling and over flowing.
Sounds like water flowing thru pump.
Is there a backflow preventor or check valve that could be bad and causing water to flow back to the tank ?

Any fix until i get to a dealer ?

Thanks
Bill

If the tank is full, just disconnect the hose and run the water off the tank with the pump. I would assume there should be some kind of a valve to prevent water from going through the pump. None of mine have ever done that. Are you sure you have all the valves set correctly.

Thanks for the post and advice. Only had this TT a month now, but looking thru the manuals i have all valves set right.
Has worked good for 2 weeks, just started this issue today.

There's a check valve in the pump that's supposed to prevent the back feed issue you're having. Sometimes a bit of dirt or scale gets stuck in it. Try shutting off the city water and running on the pump for a little while to see if that will clean out the valve.

Yes, there is a check valve in the pump head that prevents backflow into the freshwater tank when on city hookups.  If you try the above post and run the pump on and off a few times and that doesn't fix the problem you can buy a backflow preventer Camco P/N 23303.  That will screw into the suction side of the pump and the water line will screw onto the BF preventer.  Depending  on the pump setup you may have to buy an additional adapter.  This backflow preventer is 12" female and 1/2" male.

Available at Home Depot. They may have another brand also:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Camco-1-2-in-Brass-Back-Flow-Preventer-23303/204220179

You don't need a special RV part as a "backflow preventer". Any water check valve will do the job and available at any hardware store or plumbing dept.

Or replace the entire pump if you prefer.

If you have a valve that allows filling the tank from the city water inlet, make sure that is not in the Fill position. Also, it is possible for this valve to fail and stay open, allowing city water into the tank. That could be the problem rather than the pump.

Back
Top Bottom