No signal lights, headlights, docking lights, brake lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dvleemin

So yesterday I was about to leave on a trip and started up my 2005 Itasca Horizon 40ad and the signal lights, brake lights, docking lights all don't work. So I went to the fuse panel for the chassis and there's no burnt out fuses, and none of the pop out breakers are tripped. Given that a bunch of lights aren't working, I have to believe its a common power supply issue - maybe a primary breaker. But I cannot find it or figure it out. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Darryl

I had a similar problem with a variety of lights working/not working at different times. This was with regard to the towing harness and the fuse block for that harness.
After 5 hours of troubleshooting the brake light wiring I found a fuse block stuffed behind the rear panel in the electrical compartment.  I didn't know the thing even existed. Once the panel was removed and the fuse block was exposed my problem became quit visible. The previous owner must of had some problem along the way somewhere and couldn't fix whatever problem he had. So he decided to run a jumper wire to power the right side rear brake light. If'n he'd looked at that fuse block he would have seen the 3 blown fuses. I removed the jumper, replaced the fuses and all problems were resolved.
Sure wished I would have known about that hidden fuse block!!!

OK,
Had to head out of town and finally got back to look at this.

When I got back the chassis battery was almost completely dead - 10.7 V.  The batteries were old and so I went and replaced them.  What do you know - everything is back working.  Very very odd to say the least.  I'm wondering if the batteries were just so completely dead they caused issues . . .

Anyway, thanks everyone for the help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom