Hot Water problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skipcpa

Good Morning,

I am new to this site, so please bear with me.

I have a 2017 Arctic Fox 27.5 fifth wheel.  I purchased it new last November.  Before I take it back to the dealer, I wonder if anyone has experienced this problem.

While hooked to the city water supply, I cannot get any hot water out of the any of the taps and the flow is very low.  Cold water side has decent pressure on the city water.  Everything functions normally when using the pump/water tank, but as soon as I turn off the pump low flow/hot water goes cold.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I wonder if the water pump is allowing water to flow back to the tank due to leaky check valves.  Try turning the pump on with the city water hooked up and see if the pump runs a lot or if the problem goes way.

Maybe HW tank is being bypassed due to winterization..If you can access the tubeing at the WH check the valves and make sure they are open going into your heater. Good Luck I am certain its something simple.

john owens said:
Maybe HW tank is being bypassed due to winterization
Happened to me on first trip out. Called dealer and they put me through to service and 5 minutes later I had HW.
Joe

The most common explanation is that the water heater bypass (winterize) valve(s) is in the wrong position and hot water from the heater is bypassed with cold water.

But if the winterizing valve is shut off wouldn't he also not have hot water on the pump?  How could it get through on the pump, but not on city water?

I would maybe see if there is pipe that goes from the city water inlet that might be plugged with something that is outside of the water inlet from the fresh water tank.

If you have an outside shower, make sure both H and C faucets are closed. If both are open, this can also cause strange things to happen with the system. It can act as a mixing valve.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom