Mirror Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elm_tx

We had a KZ New Vision before we bought the Raptor we have today, with the New Vision I never had a problem seeing  the wheels of the fifth wheel from either side mirror on the truck when making turns. With the Raptor I have a real hard time seeing the tires when making turns, at times losing site of them all together. I don't really want to get the cheap mirrors with the adhesive backing the affix permanently to the mirrors. We saw a suv the other day that had mirrors that clamped to their existing mirrors and stuck out, not sure how practical that would be with our truck mirrors fully extended.

What do other people do that have large toy haulers to improve their vision back there?

Thanks
Eddie

Please help me. I'm a bit confused.

You have a solid, late model HD pickup with towing mirrors.  By your comments, I assume they are extended to max distance from the cab.  Is there insufficient adjustment in the mirrors to be able to see the tires?  Is this TH longer, and tires too far to see?  Can you be a bit more specific?

On the KZ the axles were pretty much mid trailer, on the TH they appear, (have not measured) to be further back from the middle of the trailer, I assume to help support whatever is in the garage. So the angle of the mirrors set for driving straight down the road does not give a good view of the wheels when going around corners.  The TH is a couple feet longer than my previous trailer and with the axles being further back from center, I just don't get a good view. The mirrors are fully extended as well.

Thanks.  You get a great view of the front half of the FW when turning, not the tires.

Can you adjust the convex mirror a bit to see the tires without losing the side view when driving?
If all else fails, temporarily adjust the flat mirror when turning, then move back after the turn.  PITA, but it would work.

I hope a member with a TH and a Chevy will chime in!

Back
Top Bottom