Is it possible to use electric coffee maker while driving?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quiltercowgirl

Hello,

Maybe silly, but here goes......
2008 Winnebago Sightseer

Is it possible to use electric coffee maker while driving?  We will be leaving very early in the morning and hope to save time by making coffee while in route.

We have friends who said they used the stove top while driving, does not seem safe to me.

Or any suggestions welcome.  We are headed to Yellowstone National Park (again, just love it)

thank you all,
Jacque

Not a silly question.
Yes! We do it all the time. You might want to rest it on a non slip pad though.
I would not recommend using the stove top while rolling.

Great!

How does that work?  We did try plugging it in with the motor running, just now, and nothing!  We must be missing something.....

thank you BinaryBob

Ahhhh, so to be clear, we can run our generator while driving right?

Then we can run the electric coffee maker?

Yea!  Will try that.......

thank you.

I would recommend using a single brew maker like a Keurig. Then you won't have a pot that could go flying across your coach.

quiltercowgirl said:
Ahhhh, so to be clear, we can run our generator while driving right?
Yup. When the air temps hit 90 degrees our generator is on along with the house A/C. Actually I encourage you to run the generator under load for at least 30 minutes monthly. Use it or lose it.

Then we can run the electric coffee maker?..
Yup and anything else within the capacity of the generator.

On our last sailboat the stove was gimbled and we had adjustable pot keepers so cooking was relatively safe while underway but using the typical RV propane stove while moving is a scary thought.

Yes, generator or inverter is best.  After noticing how close my propane line is to my wheelwell I close the propane shutoff valve every time I move my RV. It scares me to think of what a blowout could do to an open propane supply.

John Hilley said:
Might be a good idea to put the coffee maker in the sink if you can.

That's what we do if we want to make coffee while underway. We just put a non-slip pad in the sink with the coffee maker sitting on it. Normally, the coffee maker "lives" on the counter with the pad under it. The cord on ours still reaches an outlet, but I do have a short heavy duty extension cord on hand that we used in a previous coach.

I don't know about anyone else but for some reason reading this post has made my morning.  ;D

Wow!  Thank you all!!!!  Will try the suggestions for a trial run at home before getting on the road......girls gotta have some coffee....LOL

You all are amazing and my 'go to' for RV questions as someone has always "been there, dun it"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom