2007 Ford F-150 with 5.4 Triton for towing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodcutter

Hello everyone.  A newbie here, first time on the forum.  We are thinking of getting into RVing.  We are considering a 25' travel trailer,  total dry weight 3,600 lbs.  I have a 2007 Ford F-150 XLT with 5.4 Triton engine and towing package.  It has 80,000 miles on it.  I bought it used 4 years ago and do not know it's history before I bought it but I have not had any problems with it, though I have only put about 6,000 miles on it in the 4 years I have had it.  I know that this enough truck to do the job but I am wondering if any of you have used this truck for towing and what your experience is with it.  Is it a dependable truck?  Any and all comments appreciated.  Thanks!

Built Ford Tough!! My f150 is a 2006. Super cab model with 5.4 triton. I use this topull my boat which is probably 5k with trailer..maybe a bit more. No problems towing to Lake Mohave every June when its 115 degrees outside. I recommend having your tranny fluid drained out completely..which means torque converter!!! Jiffy lube can doit but its not cheap. Around 150.00 or so but well worth it. Truck shifts great. Also leave your spark plugs alone they are good for 100K at least. Have fun!!

You will be fine with the F-150. I towed 9700lb with my 2010 5.4L 3.93 rear with no problems.
As what John said plugs at 100,000 miles but don't be surprised how much they want to change them out. They had a bad design on the plugs which they changed in the 09' and 10' models. The plug will break off in the cylinder  and an extraction tool needs to be used if it happens. I was lucky as they quoted $600.00 plus $50.00 for each additional plug that broke when they thought they could get away with it I guess. I have the newer style that does not break. The internet is a wonderful tool.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom