Canadian Maritimes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceinFL

A year or so back, someone posted a map, either SA or MS&T, of their trip through the Maritimes. Have been searching for a while and can't find it. Does anyone have it or can anyone steer me to it?

Thanks!

Bruce,

Are you thinking of the Nathan's Newfoundland trip report and map? It's in our library here. There are several other trip reports from the Maritimes in our library (click the Library button above and select Trip reports.

Tom,

No, that was not it. And I had already looked thru ther librarry. What I was searching for was a SA or S&T road map of the trip thru the maritimes.

I think Paul (UK-RV) had some S&T maps of that area in some of his posts last year.

Someone has a much better memory than me  :(

Click here for a link to Paul's message with attached maps.

Don't worry about it Tom.  They say the memory is the second thing to go. ;D  First to go ???

Memory is the 3rd thing to go  I just can't remember the other 2

Tom said:
Someone has a much better memory than me  :(

Click here for a link to Paul's message with attached maps.

Tom,

That's exactly what I was looking for!  :)  Thanks.

You're welcome Bruce. Glad we were able to find it, although I needed some help.

I live in Saint John, NB, in the Maritimes.  I've been throughout all the Atlantic provinces, since you also mention Newfoundland, you plan to visit more than just the Maritime provinces.
[Trivia]
The Maritime provinces include:  New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island (PEI)
The Atlantic provinces include the Maritime provinces and Newfoundland.

I am guessing here, but it's possible that the name Maritime provinces existed before Newfoundland joined Canada.
[/Trivia]

If you have any questions, don't hesitate.

Here is some links to the tourist guides:
The Official Tourism Website of the Province of New Brunswick
Newfoundland  and Labrador Tourist Site
Nova Scotia's Official Tourism Website
Prince Edward Island Visitor's Guide

56kz2slow said:
I live in Saint John, NB, in the Maritimes.  I've been throughout all the Atlantic provinces, since you also mention Newfoundland, you plan to visit more than just the Maritime provinces.
[Trivia]
The Maritime provinces include:  New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island (PEI)
The Atlantic provinces include the Maritime provinces and Newfoundland.

I am guessing here, but it's possible that the name Maritime provinces existed before Newfoundland joined Canada.
[/Trivia]

If you have any questions, don't hesitate.

Here is some links to the tourist guides:
The Official Tourism Website of the Province of New Brunswick :)
Nova Scotia's Official Tourism Website
Prince Edward Island Visitor's Guide

Thanks for those links. St John.....if I remember, you have a great brewery there and I intend to visit it again...and again.

Ahhhhh Yes  Good ole Brewry tours    reminds me  of the Drinker I long there the Stander I get.  Or something like that.

BruceinFL said:
Thanks for those links. St John.....if I remember, you have a great brewery there and I intend to visit it again...and again.

Yes, the Moosehead Brewery.  They don't have brewery tours anymore, the lawyers finally convinced the owners that it was a lawsuit waiting to happen.  It's not too bad here for crazy lawsuits yet, but people have TV and they hear about the silly lawsuits in other parts of Canada and US, so it's only a matter of time before people start suing for their own mistakes.

Their popular beer outside of the Maritimes is Moosehead Beer.  It is sold throughout Canada, United States and Mexico.  I have co-workers in San Jose, CA and they said they have seen it there.

Halifax, NS has a few nice microbreweries, Garrison Brewery is one of them.  They make good beer.  Moncton, NB also has a nice microbrewery, it's called the Pump House Brewery, they also have a bar and eatery, so you can go there and sample their beer and food.  The food is awesome.

While on alcoholic beverages, there is also the Jost Winery in Nova Scotia.

Seems like a knowledgeable bunch on this thread so I'll take this opportunity to pose a couple of questions.

We, would like our next significant trip/tour to be the Canadian Atlantic/Maritime Provinces. 

We made the Alaskan trip an "ad lib" adventure and would not change a thing if we were to do it again except to include all the things we relegated to second choice the first time around. 

However, after reading all the trip reports and tour agendas on the proposed North eastern trip, we have been considering using a "Tracks" tour or something similar so as NOT to miss some/all the points of interest.  Would this be a good idea?  Is there a better time to go, if going it alone?

We are certainly not experts on the area.  Quite the opposite.  There is just SO much to see and visit up there that it would be a great shame to make the trip in ignorance and miss all the best parts,  sights, events, etc...

WE NEED HELP AND ADVICE....  On planning and who to put in charge (me or a caravan wagon master?)

thanks in advance, lou and Jane......

Good start would be to scroll up to Tom's message where it says click here

As far as time of year, summer is the best.  In the summer, you may come across some summer festivals.  The websites I posted earlier may give you some indication as to when and where they are.

Shayne said:
Good start would be to scroll up to Tom's message where it says click here

Thanks Shayne, but I'm the one who steered Tom to those maps and that thread.  Been there, done that.

56kz2slow said:
As far as time of year, summer is the best.  In the summer, you may come across some summer festivals.  The websites I posted earlier may give you some indication as to when and where they are.

Again, good information, but it doesn't address my question of;  Is it better to plan my own trip and hope I can stumble on everything, or go with an experienced and planned caravan?

I'll continue my research and hopefully make an educated decision.  I was just hoping to capitalize on others experience.
Thanks for your time.  lou

56kz2slow said:
Yes, the Moosehead Brewery.  They don't have brewery tours anymore, the lawyers finally convinced the owners that it was a lawsuit waiting to happen. 
Their popular beer outside of the Maritimes is Moosehead Beer.  It is sold throughout Canada, United States and Mexico.  I have co-workers in San Jose, CA and they said they have seen it there.

Halifax, NS has a few nice microbreweries, Garrison Brewery is one of them.  They make good beer.  Moncton, NB also has a nice microbrewery, it's called the Pump House Brewery, they also have a bar and eatery, so you can go there and sample their beer and food.  The food is awesome.

While on alcoholic beverages, there is also the Jost Winery in Nova Scotia.
`

D__n lawyers...a pox on them. Well, there goes my reason for visiting St John.

Don't forget the Keith Brewery in Halifax...great beer only it's only available there. They don't export outside the province. Looks like Moncton takes the place of St John.  ;)

I hate tours. Rather do it myself, even if I miss something. That would be a reason to make a return trip. I don't RV to be on someone else's schedule.

Back
Top Bottom