No 12 Volt Power

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

campin-fool

Just figured I'd throw this out there incase anyone else ever runs into the same problem and they're lucky enough to find this solution. Getting ready for a trip to myrtle beach a few weeks ago I noticed that the coach only had 12 volt power when hooked up to shore power or the generator was running, but the battery bank wouldn't charge either way. Even charging the bank manually with an external charger there was no 12 volt anywhere except for the dash of course from the engine battery. I checked everything. All the wiring looked great, all the connections and junctions looked great. All the fuses in all fuse boxes were good. I simply could not figure it out. So we hit the road without 12 volt. Figured we'd hook up to shore power once there and it wouldn't matter.

We stopped at a KOA the first night and while we were there I mentioned this to my grandson. Figuring it couldn't hurt I'd let him poke around and see what he could do. I'll be damned if he didn't fix it. He did everything I did. Tested the batteries, checked all the connections and terminals. He checked every last fuse. He wrapped up checking all fuses in the box in the engine compartment looking a bit perplexed he pushed a tiny white button on a tiny black box inside the fuse box. Guess what - The 12 volt power came on. Unbelievable. I've been running this coach about 15 years now and I've never had this problem before. Thank god my grandchildren decided to join us this trip.

We had a great time and we're home now and I can still hardly believe that the kid fixed everything by pushing a little button in the fuse box that doesn't really look like a button and neither of us knew was there before that moment.

Hope this helps someone in need.

Happy Trails

It's apparently a DC circuit breaker. I had something similar in a Bounder, once, but actually had to remove a wall panel next to the doorway (it was screwed in, not stapled or glued) -- the only time I've come across a DC breaker.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom