TV Antenna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rocknron

Dose anyone know if the cable leading to the  tv antenna is replaceable. I changed my antenna last week to a newer one and the cable broke right where it comes out of the roof.

Yes, if you replaced the batwing antenna, that cable goes to the little power supply (usually has a light and switch on it) first along with a cable TV connection (if equipped). It may be easy or hard, depending on where the pieces involved are located. Depending on the antenna that you replaced yours with, you may not even need that little supply. You can download the wire routing schematic's from the Winnibago site which may help.

You will have to take that plate off where it enters the roof (very carefully!!). Best case would be to add a "splice" (Barrel??) fitting right below that if the wire inside is in good shape.

(For example: My little power supply  is right below the antenna so to replace that wire, it is only 2 or 3 feet.)

Makes and models etc are useful when asking questions like this. (Old antenna, new antenna, etc.)

What Stu said. It might be easier to just run a new cable. It's possible to splice coax cable (I've done it several times for non-critical applications) but it takes a bit of soldering finesse and that alters the electrical characteristic (impedance and probably velocity) of the cable.

I would install a connecter on the end of the old wire inside the ceiling, If the cable is long enough to work with. Then just run a new wire to the antenna and connect the 2 with a male coupling fitting. Put the joint inside the roof.

Thanks Guys,I cornered a cable guy that was working on my street and ask him If i can use his tool to make a cable splice,He gave me the ends and the tool.I really don't want to disturb the roof.Ill let u know how it turns out

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom