Brackets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

old_dutchman

Sure hope someone could show me the way.
  After checking the pressure for the airbags I noticed a loose bracket by chance, was right behind the left front head lights. not mounted to anything or had to undo and nuts to remove it. now the kicker I checked the right side, same bracket just sitting there. Then noticed by touching and checking where it would mount the hole headlight assembly was loose like I could pull it right out the front of the RV, didn't try to hard still lots of wires connected but ya get my drift. hope someone has any ideas or heard of this before. We leaving on our first trip August 4th. I found a few places I could tie the front assembly down with tie wire for our trip but that would only be a part time fix. Any help would be a appreciated.
      Thx  Gerry

Attachments

• IMG_1566.JPG
    IMG_1566.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 42
old_dutchman said:
..I noticed a loose bracket by chance, was right behind the left front head lights. not mounted to anything or had to undo and nuts to remove it. now the kicker I checked the right side, same bracket just sitting there. ..
So the headlights are loose? No bracket holding them?

after some more checking, the reason the assembly moved was that one of the locking brackets was missing the part that was I believe poxy to the front. Like a door latch. so the brackets I showed are for some other purpose. I will keep checking, Put feel better they were not holding the front headlight assembly

If there is a cable dangling in the vicinity, it's probably for headlight aiming. Had a very similar situation on my '04 Meridian. Look closely and you will no doubt see where the tabs separated form the fiberglass.

RedT said:
If there is a cable dangling in the vicinity, it's probably for headlight aiming. Had a very similar situation on my '04 Meridian. Look closely and you will no doubt see where the tabs separated form the fiberglass.

Well if thats the case I sure hope they pointing in the right direction. I will later this morning look for the cable as you mentioned. I'm sure your right that the brackets are for the lights adjustment and they let go of the fiber glass, that's why also my left side latch holding the headlight assembly including the aluminum louvers broke of as well. not the greatest of design.
  Thx for your help
      Gerry

Metal brackets breaking their bond to the fiberglass front/rear cap is relatively common (unfortunately.) JB Weld or some similar thick epoxy will do a good job of adhering them back to their proper place IF you do a good job of surface prep.

John Canfield said:
Metal brackets breaking their bond to the fiberglass front/rear cap is relatively common (unfortunately.) JB Weld or some similar thick epoxy will do a good job of adhering them back to their proper place IF you do a good job of surface prep.

I believe I can get the headlight brackets fixed, but the latch for the assembly is missing so would have to order or make one. 2 pics attached of the left and right side showing the left side missing the mount on the fiber glass. But for now I will use some tie wire to hold it in place since I only have a few days left before we leave.
    Thx for the advise John.
        Gerry

Attachments

• IMG_1569.JPG
    IMG_1569.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1570.JPG
    IMG_1570.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom