EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: not charging  (Read 219 times)

danford50

• ---
  • 2017 freedom Elite 29 fe
not charging
« on: July 28, 2017, 07:30:14 PM »
I just purchase a garmin rv 770  and took it on a test drive and found out that while I was using it and plg into the outlet my garmin stopped working it felt like it overheat and then I plug itinto my usb port and it still would charge, has anyone else had this problem.
2017 Freedom Elite 29 fe

Alfa38User

• ---
Re: not charging
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 09:28:41 AM »
By "plg into the outlet" I assume you meant the 'cigarette lighter' type of connection . My Garmin 3700 series GPS seems to overheat a bit too but I chalked it up to the fact that it sits up on the dash in full sun as well as the heating generated from charging. It does continue to run but the charging seems to quit from time to time. It is a very good unit so I live with it but I check it from time to time when not in use and stored away to make sure it remains charged. I have had to charge it a few times when I found it low but felt it should have been fully charged after the last use.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 09:33:00 AM by Alfa38User »
Stu
Montréal, Canada 🍁
Snowbird, Naples Florida
Alfa Gold 38 (2000) 5ver (parked!)

"Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advise!!!"

dkreuzen

• ---
Re: not charging
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 11:38:10 AM »
My 770 gets warm if it's charging, that's normal.  Sometimes when plugging it into my computer via a USB cable I get a message "The attached cable cannot currently charge your device". I know of others that get the same message but it is intermittent. I have never had a problem using the 'cigarette lighter' cable.
Dennis
2012 Monaco Knight 36PFT
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
2007 16' Car Hauler Trailer

Hosted by Over The Network