Changing plug in cord on a Fleetwood Mallard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MartinD

Is there an access to where the 25' cord attaches to my camper?  The panel is under my fridge but the cord end isn't there.  Thanks

The end of the cord will be attached to the converter.  The converter will be behind or close to the power distribution panel (circuit breaker panel).

Actually, it should terminate at the power distribution center. A breaker in the power distribution center feeds the converter.

Yeah, what he said.....Oooops!  My bad!!  I knew that...Bad day!

The power cord has to feed the distribution panel, but it may not be visible without removing the panel cover.

Why do you need access?  Many repairs and upgrades can be more easily done accessing this cable in a more convenient location.

Sorry to state the obvious, but follow the cord and see.  It may well be that the external power cord terminates in a junction box somewhere and a separate wire harness runs to the distribution panel. If the place where the cord enters the RV is more than a few feet from the panel, that is very likely the case. The RV maker buys standard power cord packages, typically about 25-28 ft in length, and adapts them to the particular RV layout.

If you have a wiring problem, it may be that intermediate wiring rather than the external cord. Or the connection between them. You just have to hunt for it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom