Campground recommendations for San Antonio late September

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, it doesn't quite say it all.  What will you be doing there?  Touristy things (Alamo, etc.)?  Visiting relatives?  Seeing nearby places?  Getting the campground in the right area of SA for what you are doing will help.

edjunior said:
Well, it doesn't quite say it all.  What will you be doing there?  Touristy things (Alamo, etc.)?  Visiting relatives?  Seeing nearby places?  Getting the campground in the right area of SA for what you are doing will help.

Point taken. SA is a two day stopover from Lake Livingston area to Big Bend. Years ago did the River Walk and of course The Alamo, probably do both again. Leaves another day to do something but haven't really looked into it yet. We will have our two dogs with us who are able to be alone for perhaps 4-5 hours, or take them with us for dog friendly activities.

Ah.  Might I suggest then Braunig Lake Resort.  http://brauniglakervresort.com/

We've stayed there a couple of times.  If you have Passport America, it's 50 percent off.  This is a very nice campground and we have had no issues there.  It's close enough to the city to do the Riverwalk (awesome place...I never get tired of it), and would make for a quick escape when you're ready to leave.  Though it is on the wrong side for heading to Big Bend.  Good luck.  By the way, I'm just down the road (Hwy 59) just south.  We've camped at Livingston State Park.  Tight sites, but very nice.

I got flooded out of the COE parks north of San Antonio and ended up at Traveler's Rest.  I usually stick to state and federal campgrounds, but the thing about this one was that there was a bus stop right outside that would take you to the Riverwalk area and Alamo in about 10 minutes.  Very convenient. Don't know if they will allow you to leave dogs alone, however.

JudyJB said:
I got flooded out of the COE parks north of San Antonio and ended up at Traveler's Rest.  I usually stick to state and federal campgrounds, but the thing about this one was that there was a bus stop right outside that would take you to the Riverwalk area and Alamo in about 10 minutes.  Very convenient. Don't know if they will allow you to leave dogs alone, however.

I forgot about Travelers world.

http://www.travelersworldrvresort.com/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom