DW is over the moon about this mod

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Punomatic

I recently put some LED light strips in the kitchen cupboard, which is long and dark and has three doors. I wired magnetic switches in parallel. Now whenever you open any cabinet door, the inside of the cupboard lights up so that you can see everything in there...no guessing!  :D I also put a dimmable LED strip in the dinette for mood lighting. DW likes it much better than the overhead incandescent.

Now, here's the one that made her say, "I'm never getting rid of this trailer." I put some LED light strip under the bed in the storage area, again with a magnetic switch. Now, when she lifts the bed to get out her shoes or the toaster or a bottle of wine, the storage space lights up and she doesn't have to go to the Fibber McGee drawer for a flashlight. I just racked up some husband points!!  ::)

Punomatic said:
I put some LED light strip under the bed in the storage area, again with a magnetic switch. Now, when she lifts the bed to get out her shoes or the toaster or a bottle of wine, the storage space lights up and she doesn't have to go to the Fibber McGee drawer for a flashlight. I just racked up some husband points!!  ::)

I did the same thing with the last 5vr we had except I used a brake light switch. It was very handy tom have a lighted storage bin under the bed.

Rene T said:
I did the same thing with the last 5vr we had except I used a brake light switch. It was very handy tom have a lighted storage bin under the bed.

I also added dimmable multicolor lights but put them around the edge of the bed so they shine on the floor. The red is neat at night, you dont ruin your night vision and it keeps you from bumping your toes on the things lying on the floor.  wonder what it looks like from the outside though.....a warm red glow from the bedroom.

catblaster said:
I also added dimmable multicolor lights but put them around the edge of the bed so they shine on the floor. The red is neat at night, you dont ruin your night vision and it keeps you from bumping your toes on the things lying on the floor.  wonder what it looks like from the outside though.....a warm red glow from the bedroom.
;D Hilarious!

If you can choose the color and intensity at whim, you might try green to both ease the passersby's concern and to improve your night vision. It allows better color and shape differentiation than red. http://www.astromax.org/activities/members/kniffen.htm

catblaster said:
The red is neat at night, you don't ruin your night vision and it keeps you from bumping your toes on the things lying on the floor.
Nothing keeps me from bumping my toes on anything that is bumpable.  :p

catblaster said:
The red is neat at night, you dont ruin your night vision and it keeps you from bumping your toes on the things lying on the floor. 

That explains why every strip club I've ever been in had red interior lighting .... 8)

Back
Top Bottom