electrical

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danford50

today I noticed under my motorhome that I seen some loose wires and one wire that was not connected, on the inside at the panel were you can check your water level, none of the light would light up the last time I used the camper they worked, the inverter do I need to turn of the power to these wires before I attempt to join them together, what is the inverter for , I am not a electrician, so any advise I would appreciate it. motorhome is a freedom elite 29 fe, these wire are locate right a the black/gray water drain

I'm pretty sure those tank sensor wires are only powered when you press the "test" button. 

An 'inverter' makes 120vt a/c house type power out of 12vt. d/c battery power. A 'converter' makes 12vt. d/c battery power out of 120vt. a/c house power.

you don't need to turn anything on...just connect those wires up and press the test button.

I notice you said the loose wires are "under my motorhome", so it's far from sure they have anything at all to do with the tank sensors.  Given your lack of electrical experience, I would be very caution about just connecting that one wire to something.

The tank sensors use 12v battery power, so you should not have to connect or power anything else to have them work. If your motorhome has a Battery Disconnect (Use/Store) switch, that should be On or Use position so that battery power is available, but otherwise the interior lighting and tank gauges should work. If the interior lights are working, the tank gauges should also work.

Back
Top Bottom