Azimuth motor - Winegard Traveler SK 3005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had a problem like that with the elevation motor on my Sat Dish (Different make) and turned out to be a limit switch. the switch was not "Switching" when the unit reached the limit. I adjusted slightly and .. Success.

Thanks, John! I don't see any limit switches in this thing though. It appears to be all software controlled. It does have a plastic ring with a step that rotates against two hard limits and apparently prevents it from continuing to rotate it's azimuth to the point of twisting wiring in two.

Winegard says the only way to figure this out is to send it to their factory at Burlington, Iowa. That makes me think they must be a poor company to deal with. 

Local dealer tech told me earlier in the week that they can work on these. I think I've looked it over thoroughly enough to believe it's the AZ motor and/or the AZ gearbox. (I've caught it rotating back and forth before stalling not always in the same place.) A little after noon yesterday, I walked into that dealership to ask if they could order parts. Counter person said my less than ten year old Trav'ler likely would not be supported with replacement parts any longer. I think he just wanted me to buy a new system. I'll call Winegard Monday and ask if they will sell me a new motor/gearbox assembly or if it really is no longer supported by them. If it's not, I'll start trying to find the tiny bearing that goes on the output shaft of the gearbox, or trying to find the manufacturer of the AZ motor/gearbox assembly itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom