EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Class C with a king size bed?  (Read 241 times)

GeorgeandTheBear

• ---
Class C with a king size bed?
« on: July 30, 2017, 09:22:01 AM »
We want to buy a MH shortly before I retire in about 2 1/2 years. The Bear can lay down anywhere and fall asleep within seconds, while I flop around like a fish out of water for a half-hour before finally falling asleep. We sleep on a king at home and don't really want to give that up. It seems that a queen is the standard size for most class C homes. Is there such a thing as king available? Can you get one inside? or am I looking for Sasquatch riding a unicorn?
Voted most likely to end up working at a car wash.

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
Re: Class C with a king size bed?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 09:32:23 AM »
Finding a class C with a king size bed will be very difficult indeed. Finding one in a class C that you like the floor plan, is reasonably priced and is in decent condition becomes mission impossible.  You might have to have it custom built.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
Life list of birds:
https://goo.gl/photos/xuP9zPD2KP2swN1g8
Grand Canyon photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nc1AT8tQp25wJwfm1
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7

John Beard

• ---
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 09:53:28 AM »
Keep in mind that a "RV King" and a "Residential King" are two different things. I am looking at a Class C with a King Size Bed that measures 72" x 75". The width is fine, although it eliminates night stands. My feet will still be dangling off the edge.
John & Susan
2014 Winnebago Aspect 30J
2005 Jeep Wrangler X, Toad, a little modified
Northwest Las Vegas, NV

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 05:50:20 PM »
And to complicate things further, when you buy linens you have to determine whether California King sheets will fit (longer) or Eastern/regular King sheets will fit (wider).  I've had to return numerous Queen linens because they wouldn't fit an RV queen bed.  You need to measure width, length, and depth when you buy them!

ArdraF
ArdraF
:D :D

blw2

• ---
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 09:43:42 AM »
the only ones I'm aware of are the super C's that Thor makes on the F-550 chassis
well, those...& I'd imagine the big super c's have them too but that's a whole other league
Brad (DW + 3 kids)
13 Thor Chateau 31L Class C on Ford E-450
'06 Silverado
'05 Rockwood Freedom 1910 (5-1/2 years)
former tent campers

RVRAC

• ---
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 11:39:52 AM »
Not that I have seen.  Mine is queen.
2017 Leprechaun 311 FS
Toad: 2016 Jeep Patriot